Creaking noise

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Need some help, yesterday I took a right turn into a parking lot a little faster than I should have. Ever since then I have a creak in my passenger rear suspension (at least that's where I think it is). I jacked it up, everything looked tight. I greased the LCA and panhard bar but it's still there. Have these poly bushings failed before? I am thinking I maybe broke a bushing on that right side when taking the turn.

I am thinking about just replacing the LCA's now to get rid of it. The noise only happens when that right side rolls a bump and the suspension kicks in.

BMR Tech 2

I would be VERY surprised if a sharp turn broke a bushing, and if it did you'd get a clunk, not a squeak. Factory front arms are known to have a squeak or a creak, you may want to check there if you can't find anything wrong with the rear suspension. It could also be coming from a shock.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Thank you, it's definitely not coming from the front. I had someone in the passenger seat and they commented about it coming from the rear. It's a creak more like a bushing but it definitely could be the shocks as they are stock. I will be replacing those next anyways.

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Strange but I greased up all the fittings on the panhard bar and the LCA's and after a day or so it appears to have gone away. Maybe they were just low on grease and the fitting was creaking against the bushing. I don't know but its not there anymore.

I am still going to replace the shocks. The car is a little lower than I like it in the back also so I will probably change rear springs too.

Users who are viewing this thread