Creaking on right turn of the wheel?

Grimlock

Established Member
I need some advice from those mechanical experts with experience. Anytime I turn the wheel to the right I hear this creaking noise like a door opening in a horror flick. Does anyone have an idea what it is. Ill se if I can record it tomorrow on video.
Thanks.

Grim:shrug:

PDubs

Established Member
Refer to this thread, I think it's similar to what you are hearing. It is sometimes referred to as the front-end creak; a known issue with no TSB

Linked

hmwave

Established Member
There is a TSB.

My car is at the dealer right now getting the lower front control arms and bushings replaced.
Ford redesigned them and my tech has already fitted two sets to other cars eliminating the creak.

Orange Poison

Established Member
What's the drawback to not having it fixed....just deal with the creaking?? The reason I ask is....I dread taking my car to the dealership. It always....I mean ALWAYS comes back with some other sh&t they did to it. Like a nick or scratch.

hmwave

Established Member
Dunno long term. Doesn't sound like it's good though. I'd rather have it fixed for good.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
I donno, I spray the crap out of the steering rack/control arms/sway bars with wd 40, and it seems to be ok for now..

Last edited:

Grimlock

Established Member
Im curious too. Id hate to leave it like this and have something worse happen in the long run.

hmwave

Established Member
I get the car back today. I'll post the TSB # tonight with results of the TSB update.

rb185afm

Established Member
My car has it also. But I dont really care as I plan on going with an aftermarket K member anyway.

hmwave

Established Member
The TSB is not on my receipt but the part numbers are.

2R3Z-3078-AA
2R3Z-3079-AA

The creak is gone and the steering feels good.

lethal

Established Member
I'm thinking about taking my car back in for the "creek" and I won't accept the WD40 solution or a simple tighten up. Can someone post a TSB number, or perhaps a description of the above part numbers? This will be the third fix, the third dealer and I want the problem solved, not just set to come back in 7K miles again.

Thanks-

John

cobra101

Established Member
Same here, I had it fixed and it came back. Perhaps before I turn 3 years/36k miles They'll have a good fix. Then I'll bring it in.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra101
Same here, I had it fixed and it came back. Perhaps before I turn 3 years/36k miles They'll have a good fix. Then I'll bring it in.

This is exactly what I'm gonna do if that. If it's been determined that it causes no damage, then I'll live with it since mine is hardly noticeable at all.

If I have to go into the dealership for any more warranty work, I'll address it then.

Mi Diablo

Need2Speed Racer
Established Member
I just had mine in for a Creeking sound that I heard similar to those mentioned here. I also had the car in getting the TOB replaced... Here is what my Warranty Receipt states:

Line 6: "Customer states throw out bearing makes alot of noise.
CC P24. See Line #7"
Line 7: "Customer states clutch feels pulsation (after engagement). CC P24. R/R Transmission, Replace TOB, also Front Cover Plate. Bearing Mount Broken. Hotline #4FDEI002. Part # 3R3Z-7005-AA; CSE Trans FR. Part # F7ZZ-7548-AA; Hub & Brg As."

That was for the TOB issue.

Then for creaking:

Line 8: "Customer states when stopped and turning wheel hears creeking type noise from rack area possibly. CC N40. R/R Steering Rack. Clean, Lube, and Reinstall Rack. Grommets causing noise(s).

Oh yea, they also had to replace my rear end differential as well. What a pile..... A strong, fast, beautiful pile..... :D

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread