Credit Reports/Scores?

supachargd2k5

Established Member
With all of the threads started with credit help, i was curious who you guys use to check your report and score? I know there are a lot of websites out there but im not sure if they are an accuarate score. I have heard good things about my fico.

slick4_6

Established Member
You can keep up with it from FreeCreditReport.com but it costs $12.95 a month to do it and it is a pain to cancel it when you want to stop.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
You can keep up with it from FreeCreditReport.com but it costs $12.95 a month to do it and it is a pain to cancel it when you want to stop.

Yeah i actually just canceled mine today lol I was wanting to try something different because i just dont know if i fully trust those scores

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Credit reporting agencies:

Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
Experian: 1-888-397-3742
TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289

Try to give them a call and ask how accurate those types of websites are.

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
I work for one of the credit bureaus. The best advice I can give you is this: go to annualcreditreport.com and get your free tri-merged credit report for free once per year. That is the government-run website that will allow you to access your reports for free, once per year, under the FACT Act.

slick4_6

Established Member
Yeah i actually just canceled mine today lol I was wanting to try something different because i just dont know if i fully trust those scores

I canceled mine 5-6 months ago and the last one I got said I had a credit score of 773 and when the bank checked it 2 weeks ago when I bought my L it was 775. That is close but it has been a little while since I canceled it. My credit score jumped 50+ points in the 6 months I subscribed so I don't know if that was accurate or not.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I work for one of the credit bureaus. The best advice I can give you is this: go to annualcreditreport.com and get your free tri-merged credit report for free once per year. That is the government-run website that will allow you to access your reports for free, once per year, under the FACT Act.

Good to know.

BlueVenom01

Established Member

This doesn't provide the credit score, only the reports. Gotta pay to get your score....

mkb116

Established Member
I just bought mine a couple days ago. i went to www.equifax.com It was about 25$, one time fee. They give you your score and tell you what the 2 best and 2 worst things about your credit are, and how to fix them, if possible.

Last edited:

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
i did freecreditreport.com and didnt pay anything, but if you dont cancel within the first month they start charging.

ALSO- remember that everytime you check your score it goes down a few points! so dont go checking it every week

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member

This is bad advice and it won't give you your real fico score. You can get your report for free from the agencies.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member

Bad advice. You can get your report from the agencies. I can't believe you work there and you'd tell someone this. Which one do you work for?

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
i did freecreditreport.com and didnt pay anything, but if you dont cancel within the first month they start charging.

ALSO- remember that everytime you check your score it goes down a few points! so dont go checking it every week

No it doesn't. Please learn the difference between a hard and soft inquiry before you give bad advice.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I dont think you checking your score brings it down, its only when you inquire about getting a loan when it affects it.

Correct. I check mine anywhere from once a month to every day if I got an investigation or something going on. Checking it yourself is a soft inquiry and doesn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread