Crossfire just thought he was going to do a Flyby

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Going down the road last night and I took a left onto another lane, and a Crossfire took a right onto the same lane. He was pacing me for a little while when I decided to ease in to just enough to get around a couple of cars. When I got around the car in front of me I heard him go WOT and start coming up behind me Quick. I was already in 3rd at 3700rpm and just mashed the peddle. He was at my quater when I stopped his pull and then I put another car on him before shutting down in 4th. I had just shifted to 4th when I decided to shut down. Nice quick little run. The crossfire look slightly different then the crossfires I normally see. I dont know if it was a srt6 or not, it wasn't stock.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Good Kill... I bumped into the SRT model leaving a paytoll near chicago earlier in the year... I pulled him by a few lengths but it took longer than expected... They move pretty well considering... I think I've heard mid 13s with 105ish traps?

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
ahh the flying shoes! .. some guy in a kompressor benz tried doing that to me as well. good kill

United_115

Established Member
It must of been the Srt-6, they do look a little different then the regular Crossfire's, and the fact that the regular Crossfire's are SLOW, i beat one in my 5L with minor bolt-ons last week.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Im pretty sure it was. He was only a car back when I shifted to 4th. I would expect him to be a little farther if it was a standard crossfire.

I looked at the crossfire forums and they are claiming 105-109 traps stock. With bolton's 110+. Thats not bad.

Last edited:

Ubergeist

Established Member
I ran my base crossfire at the track bone stock, and it ran 14.9@92, but I will see what the SRT-6 does next season.

There is a guy on the XF forum that ran 12.3@111 with an intake, tune, and pulley.

:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Bet money it was a SRT-6. First of all, most Crossfire owners seem to never care that much about showing off from what I've seen. About like 02+ Thunderbird owners. Second, you said he was coming up quick after WOT.

The two quickest ways to identify a SRT is the wheels and the wing. The standard Crossfire has a motorized pop-up wing that comes up at a preprogrammed speed. The SRT has a larger, fixed wing that does not move.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Bet money it was a SRT-6. First of all, most Crossfire owners seem to never care that much about showing off from what I've seen. About like 02+ Thunderbird owners.

They don't have much to show off lol.

SVT04

Established Member
Going down the road last night and I took a left onto another lane, and a Crossfire took a right onto the same lane. He was pacing me for a little while when I decided to ease in to just enough to get around a couple of cars. When I got around the car in front of me I heard him go WOT and start coming up behind me Quick. I was already in 3rd at 3700rpm and just mashed the peddle. He was at my quater when I stopped his pull and then I put another car on him before shutting down in 4th. I had just shifted to 4th when I decided to shut down. Nice quick little run. The crossfire look slightly different then the crossfires I normally see. I dont know if it was a srt6 or not, it wasn't stock.

Was it the SRT-6?

Bother reading posts? :lol:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Bet money it was a SRT-6. First of all, most Crossfire owners seem to never care that much about showing off from what I've seen. About like 02+ Thunderbird owners. Second, you said he was coming up quick after WOT.

The two quickest ways to identify a SRT is the wheels and the wing. The standard Crossfire has a motorized pop-up wing that comes up at a preprogrammed speed. The SRT has a larger, fixed wing that does not move.

It was a srt6 then, because at a stand still his wing was up, and it had some badass looking rims. I dont know his mods, but he had a loud exhaust. I have bbk LT headers w/ offroad xpipe and his exhaust was louder then mine.

Thats makes me feel a little better about the race, because I was about to feel bad if it was a regular crossfire. I might have put a bigger distance between me and him if it wasn't for my busted up clutch.

Im going to have to put my car in the shop because at WOT in 4th gear when I push the clutch in to slow down I get alot of pinging in my tranny. I think pieces of my clutch are coming off. At normal speeds it does fine, it only acts up at WOT.

Last edited:

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer:Check here www.dragtimes.com/chrysler for actual 1/4 mile times.My son has a 2005 SRT6 with a home made CAI,exaust and a tune from Inmotion and run a 12.4 at 111 mph with a 1.80 60' with out dag radials with BFG KDW.The best so far is a 12.1 at 113. With a little work they can be quick cars.

Last edited:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
They can be quick cars for sure, I just can't get over the fact that they look like a dog squatting to take a crap from behind.

Users who are viewing this thread