crower stg4 cam install problems

Cobra_Meth

Established Member
Hey guys,

I got my aluminator all fixed up finally and installed a set of crower stage 4 cams springs/retainers with cloyes adjustable gears. The cams degreed out at 110/114 as the cam card specs. I went to fire up the car and it will not run. The person I purchased the cams from said that it is my tune. I have a 17lb 94oct whipple tune in the car. Has anyone else had this experience after the cam change.

Thanks

Randy

racebronco2

Established Member
How did you determine tdc? Did you keep tension on the chains? Did you time them according to lca or opening and closing of the valves? Did you double check them when you were done? What type of valve adjuster did you use? What style tensioners did you use? The plastic tensioners or the metal ones? Did you turn the engine over after installing all the rockers? How did you keep pressure on the plastic tensioner when turning it over?

03killacobra

Banned
everything plugged in? does it start and you can't keep it running, does it just crank and not try to fire? if it starts up but you can't keep it running then yeah it could be the tune. check for any air leaks?

racebronco2

Established Member
Replied to your pm, but even if your timing is off a little it should still start. Did you get a tune at the same time as the cams. Try loading in your old tune to see if it starts.

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
I dont know if the 4V's are the same as the 2V's but I forgot to prime the tensioners and the timing chain skipped a tooth Hpe this hasnt happened to you. Mine started fine the first time but the second start it skipped. It still ran but had a nice tick going on.

Users who are viewing this thread