crowler stage 3 cams

mers1083

Established Member
crower stage 3 cams

Does anyone have these in there car or have a sound clip of these cams??

Last edited:

mtl-biker

Established Member
Hi

Here its rare somebody change something in a cobra
Its possible to have a part list requested to put that on my cobra
Thanks

Mario

MightyMo

Established Member
I called Rick at Amazon, he said cams are a waste of money on a supercharged car. Dollar for dollar.. I would agree.. They do sound awesome though !

If boost means power and cams take boost away, why add cams? The trade-off in HP is not worth the money. The loppity lobe is SICK!

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I'm pretty sure HPP does some custom grind cams for our cars than net around 50rwhp. I may be wrong here. I'm going to be talking to Manny about these soon so I'll find out for sure.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
03ineedacobra said:
so do u gain from them at all the damn things cost 1000 ??

They are a lot more than $1000 and the gains are only there above where the stock shortblock can live (575 rwhp). Honestly, save your money, skip the cams. Just put a Hellion turbo kit on the stocker with supporting mods and be done.

GodStang

Established Member
Mustangscotty said:
I called Rick at Amazon, he said cams are a waste of money on a supercharged car. Dollar for dollar.. I would agree.. They do sound awesome though !

If boost means power and cams take boost away, why add cams? The trade-off in HP is not worth the money. The loppity lobe is SICK!

Full exhaust takes away boost so does this mean exhaust takes away HP. No. It means your engine is more efficient. I am not saying they are worth. I will find out soon when my car is broken in and I can dyno it. There is a car on one of these sites with all the same mods I have except 1 and that is I have cams. he put down 680ish rwhp. I will be running the same boost as him. Hopefully if I can come out with a good bit more than that than there is a good chance I can say the cams did it since that is the only difference.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
GodStang said:
Full exhaust takes away boost so does this mean exhaust takes away HP. No. It means your engine is more efficient. I am not saying they are worth. I will find out soon when my car is broken in and I can dyno it. There is a car on one of these sites with all the same mods I have except 1 and that is I have cams. he put down 680ish rwhp. I will be running the same boost as him. Hopefully if I can come out with a good bit more than that than there is a good chance I can say the cams did it since that is the only difference.

No...you can't say that. Not even close. Different cars, different days, different dynos, different tunes, etc etc. They all add up to stacked tolerances that make that comparison worthless. The only way you can truly tell is run your car on the dyno, then install the cams and run it again and hope all the weather conditions, etc are the same.

And what happens if your car won't pass emissions with those cams? You are going to hate life when you have to change them back just to get tags. You may not have emission testing yet...but you can bet it's being thought of.

mers1083

Established Member
we will see what happends i guess. I am making 628 whp now so once i get the cams in and i get it tuned ill post my number's also.

thanks for posting up those video's for me to!

GodStang

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
No...you can't say that. Not even close. Different cars, different days, different dynos, different tunes, etc etc. They all add up to stacked tolerances that make that comparison worthless. The only way you can truly tell is run your car on the dyno, then install the cams and run it again and hope all the weather conditions, etc are the same.

And what happens if your car won't pass emissions with those cams? You are going to hate life when you have to change them back just to get tags. You may not have emission testing yet...but you can bet it's being thought of.

I agree with the comparision not being the same if I am different by about 10-20 hp but if I put down a difference OF 50-70 HP (not saying that I will) then there is a good chance that it is the cams. Since it is not a daily driver and we have not emissions since 91 or 92 ish then I am not to worried if I only own the car for a year or two or if it becomes a drag car. Plus I have the money and wanted them. I guess to each his own.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You can't hear the engine over the music the the first vid.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread