cruise control activation in neutral?

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Ok so was running with cruise set put it in neutral and hit resume and cruise engaged as if it was in gear and of course the car reved up like having clutch in and rev motor...my question is is this normal on a 03-04 cobra or any stang for that matter or is it a cruise control problem and could my tune have anything to do with it because of the traction control is turned off in tune any info will be great and thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
Why did you hit resume when it was in neutral? Unless you're pressing on the brake or clutch the computer thinks everything is normal and will activate cruise.

starnsey

Established Member
Think it's normal. When I was driving my 99 GT a few years ago with cruise control on, I put it into neutral with the CC on without thinking about it and the engine started revving up. Not sure if it would have gone to redline or what because I pretty quickly reacted and turned CC off. But yes, I believe it is possible to turn it on in neutral.

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Thanks was just wondering if it is a mustang thing or if its a problem and needs fixed ...

Users who are viewing this thread