Cruise control inoperative

exdecuk1

Established Member
As it says, its not working. Any ideas the order i should check to see what the problem might be ? I press the switch & nothing, no lights or anything. Tried the search but just kept coming up with recall threads & its had the recall done by the way.

cheers guys.

exdecuk1

Established Member
First time i tried it was the other day since i bought it so i assume not :-(

2000txsvt

Established Member
It's probably unplugged at the master cylinder switch because of the recall. That's what all the dealer here did until the repair parts could come in.

exdecuk1

Established Member
Eric (Ride The) did the search & informed me the recall was done so i assume (right or wrong) that the new parts would have been fitted to have that recorded ??

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Martin, can you take a picture of the brake master cylinder? I'd like to see what was done to it.

There are a few things that can cause the CC not to work that you wouldn't even think about.

exdecuk1

Established Member
Eric.

I was going to PM you about this but thought you might want a rest from my PMs lol !!

Its at my GFs so i will try & get a pic later in the week some time & post it, she is on holiday in Bulgaria & not back till Wednesday pm & the keys are at hers :-( .... Is there any particular item i should zero in on ?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
At the very front of the master cylinder there is a switch that should have a small two pin harness plugged into it. There was an interim repair where the switch was unplugged until the harness could be produced and removed from backorder status.

Users who are viewing this thread