Cruise Control

98whitecoupe

Established Member
So I bought this car that was 5 hours away from where I live. Got on the road only to find out the cruise control didnt work. Needless to say 5 hours later with a dead foot i got home. Just thought I would share my frustrations with everyone. :nonono:

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
A common problem with these cars is the little plunger that connect to the brake pedal comes off, leaving the cruise system inop. Check it. It is a blue housing with a white extension coming out.

98whitecoupe

Established Member
A common problem with these cars is the little plunger that connect to the brake pedal comes off, leaving the cruise system inop. Check it. It is a blue housing with a white extension coming out.

Or just make sure the cable is actually hooked up to the TB.

Both really good ideas thanks for the advice I will check that when I get home tonight. :beer:

cpSTACK

Established Member
After I had a new clutch put in my 94, I had to pull up on the clutch pedal with my foot in order for the cruise to work. Went back to the shop and got the cable adjusted and problem was fixed.

98whitecoupe

Established Member
i dont know if there is a light or not for it in the dash but nothing happens when i push it i looked at everything and dont notice anything off. Got to go to the ford dealership i guess.:shrug:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
there isnt a cruise lamp on these cars. Cruise could be inop from the switches, module, or deacitavtion switches, or wiring.. even a broken cable.

Users who are viewing this thread