Crusher Intake AIT Sensor Question

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Ok, So I will soon be adding a Whipple Crusher intake tube to my TVS set up. I already have the intake tube, GT 500 OEM MAF, and a harness adaptor I got from Lethal.

The adaptor i got:https://www.lethalperformance.com/lethal-performance-maf-adapter-harness.html

My question. I see on the pin outs the the GT500 MAF has an IAT sensor in it and the 96-04 plug has a pin for IAT info. Will this harness get the computer IAT 1 info through this harness? How did those of you with crusher intakes set them up IAT1 wise?

Pin out info here: https://www.vmpperformance.com/05-Slot-Style-MAF-connector-pigtail-solder-on-p/05mafwire.htm

MG0h3

Established Member
Where did you get the tube? And are you running the accufab TB or? Really wish the standard inlet accepted a bigger TB.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Soap

Established Member
If you are still using your OEM IAT1 sensor then don't worry about the extra wires. They just put the extra wires on there to fit all the other applications where the MAF/IAT are integrated into 1 sensor.

If you look at the harness side of the MAF there are only 4 wires.....so you are only sending signals to those 4 wires.

--Joe

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
If you are still using your OEM IAT1 sensor then don't worry about the extra wires. They just put the extra wires on there to fit all the other applications where the MAF/IAT are integrated into 1 sensor.

If you look at the harness side of the MAF there are only 4 wires.....so you are only sending signals to those 4 wires.

--Joe
Yeah I took a look at it when I was at the track yesterday. Looks like ill just be drilling a hole in the bottom and mounting my stock IAT1 sensor in the crusher tube.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
I got the tube from www.mdracingkc.com I have the TVS 2.3 with a GT500 throttle body which is the same size as the Whipple Crusher inlet.

good find!
ive been thinking about upgrading my 2.3 whipple to the 2.65 tvs when it comes out. since they are using the same inlets for the 2.65 this might be the best bet for uncorking the intake.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Just eliminate the IAT1 sensor. The new GT500 slot sensor you're using has IAT1 built in. You'll notice it has 6 pins and the very outer two are IAT1 connection. Take your original IAT1 connector wires and connect to the outer two on the slot sensor. They can go either way around. No need for adapters etc.

BTW many years ago before I figured that out I used to run the IAT1 sensor in the crusher inlet tubes and what I found is the rubber grommet you install in the tube to hold the sensor after you drill a hole in it gets hard and brittle over time from engine / header heat and eventually becomes a small air leak. So as regular maintenance you need to replace those grommets frequently if you do that.

Mike, correct Whipple crusher inlet onto the TVS. Something I figured out a couple years ago and made into a kit so to speak. Ignore the missing clamp at the TB, this was one of my initial mock up pics when figuring it out.

11Jb7rV3IaMxsf0k6nlMUGUC1-mJoOs7N9GzQPLX3qExVczXsJ_IElfwJi4Q98YoJ5YchuG1OIOchA9K5sH=w800-h600-no.jpg

Here it is with a cover to keep fan wash off the MAF and encourage slightly cooler fender air as the majority of the air it takes. I think it's an old JLT cover I had laying around. I had to really stretch and work at it to fit over that giant air filter but I got it in there :)

PxwdasW02S7lmMdvPNbzSXXSgZUJ1NaTq-Nx9ygma5u_VlgeEz-fBqFIJtTrgi-fLL71Z83VFDIXde-mS_M=w800-h600-no.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread