Crystal White Wax Suggestions

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I'm going to clay bar the car in the am. Then, I will wax it. I have some Meguire's Gold Class liquid wax, and some of the same in a paste wax, plus some Mequire's Professional Show Car Glaze.

Does this sound like a good combo, or does anyone have a suggestion that they think would work better? What order should the wax/glaze go on after the clay. All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Do not wax after you clay!!!...
You should actually polish the car first.(This deep cleans the car..down to the clear).
Then you should apply the glaze (This will help wetten the appearance of the paint and it will help disguise minor flaws that may exist)
Then you should wax.

Scott P

Established Member
Since you are waxing today, you'll have to use an OTC polish. I would look for step one and step two from Mother's. You would then top with one of the Gold Class waxes. A glaze doesn't really help on white.

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Sure..if your paint is in good condition I'd suggest a "Final Polish" or less aggressive polish like this one....
classic-motoring_1899_3073123

http://www.properautocare.com/menfinpol.html

But if your paint needs more attention I would apply a more aggressive one first...like this one.
classic-motoring_1899_3160835

http://www.properautocare.com/meninpol.html

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Great! I appreciate the help. How should I judge the condition of the paint. I keep it washed and clean, and have given it a clay bar 1 -2 times a year. There are some scratches. It is a daily driver 1997 model that sits outside. (believe me I'm bummed about that circumstance).

Also, if there are some other products that are similar to the Mazerna I would like to know which ones they are because it might not be possible to find those things in this tiny town I live in.

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
If the car is in relatively good shape...with just minor swirls and surface flaws, I would start with the milder approach and use a less aggressive product. (In other words, I would not start with a harsh compound...I would look for a mild polish)....you can always get more aggressive later if needed....Error on the side of safety!

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Well, I did the clay, then Meguiar's Paint Cleaner, Meg. Show Car Glaze, and then a coat of Gold Class. The car looks pretty good. I've done the clay bar before, but this is for sure the best I have had the car looking since I got it. I can still see some water marks, and there is some swirl. What do you all think - how can I make it better?

BTW - thanks for the replies/advice!

(Crappy camera and questionable photo skills)

DSC01007.JPG
DSC01009.JPG
DSC01012.JPG
DSC01024.JPG
DSC01021.JPG
DSC01006.JPG

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Only a good polish can remove water spots....a protectant/sealant (unless it is a one step product like Klasse) does not have a cleaning property...the only thing you can do is go back over it with polish...if that doesn't work move to the more aggressive polish....and finally consider a machine (Porter Cable 7424)..

Users who are viewing this thread