CTS-V question

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
I know this is a svt forum (I own a 03 cobra), but I have a potential buyer for my car and as looking at the possiblity of getting either a 06 or 07 CTS-V. Anyone have one or have driven in one?? What are your thoughts on them as a car in general, anyone hear of any major problems with them?

Thanks

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
would love to, but I cant drop 70k on a car. The 06/07 are still reasonable and have the 6.0 LS3 (I think it went in the 02-04 z06). They come fully loaded w/ sunroof, dvd nav/ heated leather and suede seats/ bose sound system, brembo brakes, suspension upgrades, ect. Anyways, would love to hear from anyone who has owned one or who currently has one.

Thanks

Mika

Established Member
06 and 07 have the LS2. Vette motor. 400 hp, 395 ft-lb.(give or take). I don't have one, but they're great cars. Get an extended warranty though, as you will need it(I've been told by owners). Biggest gripe is rear end blowing up/wheel hopping.

edit: Check out Cadillacforums.com. They're friendly there and they give you good advice.

Mika

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I think the idea is nice but I'm not a huge fan of that body style. The interior is kinda plain looking too. For the money, I'd look into getting a Pontiac G8 GT.

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
06 and 07 have the LS2. Vette motor. 400 hp, 395 ft-lb.(give or take). I don't have one, but they're great cars. Get an extended warranty though, as you will need it(I've been told by owners). Biggest gripe is rear end blowing up/wheel hopping.

edit: Check out Cadillacforums.com. They're friendly there and they give you good advice.

Mika

I know that the 04/05's were having problems w/ tranny and rear end, I was hoping that they had fixed it by the time the 06 model had come out. As far as the extended warranty goes, any round figures on what it will cost me??

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The new ones are badass, but the interior is a little tight. I was very impressed with the G8 GXP. Looks good, nice wheels, 415hp LS3, and the interior is fantastic. Most comfortable seats I sat in out of any at the Houston Auto Show today, and there's plenty of room in the back too. All for $38k, not too shabby.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
The brand new one is sick! That thing is a luxury car on steroids. If I had the money I would rock one

Users who are viewing this thread