Cure for wheel hop...

moddedmystic

Established Member
I bought my 04 Mystichrome in April, took it to a race in Brainerd,MN called Show and Go in July. Anyway, I found out in a hurry how tough it was to drive the cobra. The best I ran all weekend was 13.6@109,and no matter what I did...slip the clutch,leaving at different RPM,tire pressure,etc. The car would wheel hop. Even with all those problems I still managed to take first place in pure stock "F".
Taking the trophy home was awesome,but the wheel hop thing really bothered me. I thought for sure I was going to have to put in a live axle.

My next race was Labor Day at Muscle Car Shoot out in Brainerd. I bought a set of air bags and QA 1's from Jeg's. What a difference! I could launch at 3000 RPM (with out slipping the clutch) all day long with no wheel hop! With these bolt on's
I also knocked four tenths off my E.T. The car ran 13.2 @107 with a half tank of gas and the spare tire in the heat of the day.
Oh ya, took first place in place in my class again!

HUBCAP

Established Member
Congrats man,Its funny how some Cobras hop badly,and some dont.My car has almost never done that,even with nittos.

:shrug: :beer:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I barley have any wheel hop, it just spins like a solid axle would... Maybe someone switched it on me and i never bothered to look sence i bought the car used :)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I only got wheel hop(on the street) when it was cold, when it warmed up, didn't do too badly, of course it would mainly hook and go.. (unless it was a clutch drop, and I wanted to spin the tires)

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver2003Cobra
I only got wheel hop(on the street) when it was cold, when it warmed up, didn't do too badly, of course it would mainly hook and go.. (unless it was a clutch drop, and I wanted to spin the tires)
ditto

Users who are viewing this thread