curious, anyone else anything but satisfied with the fitment of JLT cai?

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
seriously i think the fitment of my intake is so weird and well not the best that i put off doing my accufab and C&L 95mm maf housing for a month cause i didn't want to mess with the intake... anyone else like this? cause mine rubs off of the guard on the valve covers and the clamp just so happens so sit and hit my strut tower and scratch that as well... so reguardless i am now stuck with it so no one see the scratch i am just curious if it's only mine or? thanks
Justin

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Mines the same way, its a damn tight fit. I emailed Jay and he said some cars are just gonna have the rub, but that it should not hurt anything. If you cant position it to allow clearance, he recomended a spot of velcro. Fits tight, but sucks a lot of air...striker

CbraSvt01

Banned
The intake is only going to fit as good as the installer installs it. It is a very very tight fit, but it will fit without any clearence or rubbing issues. There are several points of adjustment so it can be tweaked just right. I had a tough time with my first JLT, took me about 2 hours to install. My second intake however, took 15 min to install. Just takes a little experience to get the job done right.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Mine was the same way. I absolutely could not make it fit properly. Even when I got it in there it rubbed and I finally just gave up. Every car is different and I'm sure some just slip right in with no issues and others won't.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Mine rubbed. And I don't care how you installed it...it was going to rub. The only way around it was having an inlet tube molded to create clearance where you need it....and that would raise the price of the unit. I lived with it without complaint because it worked so damn well!

Emil

Established Member
It's a tight fit but will fit. The way to get more valve cover clearance is to rotate the angled boot on the throttle body counter clockwise a bit. It then raises where the long tube connects clearing the valve cover.
Worth the effort, believe me :)

FF3

Established Member
Mine was also a pita to fit, but it's definatly worth it. Great product :rockon:

Tucker

Oh, it's a tight fit as we even say in the header of the directions, but as said, with proper adjustment it will fit good and work great!:)

The bottom of the pipe may make contact with the very edge of the coil cover, but there is not a lot of pressure and will cause no harm. As it's on the bottom side of the pipe a small section of velcro will keep the rubbing to a minimum.
It may also contact the strut tower, but this should be rubber on metal. If your clamp is positioned here, again, a small thin strip of velcro on the clamp will be un noticable and from having any metal to metal contact.

With the JLT were dealing with a product that is handmade and with variances in cars and installers.
As someone said, if we have the pipe custom molded or injection molded for a perfect fit cost would go through the roof. we are also building the largest kit without any cutting, drilling or trimming of your car. Doing this and having a perfect fit is very hard to do.

Feel free to send me some pics of your concern areas and maybe I can help you with some suggestions. I'm easy to work with and always welcome a email or phone call.

Jay

sedanman

Established Member
Jay I love your product and it has always done me right (I have the JLT RAI) infact I will be calling you tommorow to order a high boost CAI setup since I have added a KB 2.4 to my setup.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
cool, well I just ordered a tru air kit from ya, tried to get one awhile back but they didnt fit with strut tower brace, but long ago that came off and the whipple went on so I can try it out now :)

Last edited:

Cobrachic03

Established Member
mine was a pita to install, but well worth it, and as far as i have seen, it doesnt rub anywhere...

03snkvert

Established Member
CAI Question

I just have a quick question for you guys. I have a stock (so far) 03 and thought about getting the JLT CAI but is it necessary for a tune or can that be done later.

Thanks,

Corey

Juiced-03

Established Member
sonicblue70 said:
I just have a quick question for you guys. I have a stock (so far) 03 and thought about getting the JLT CAI but is it necessary for a tune or can that be done later.

Thanks,

Corey

no tune required

03snkvert

Established Member
Sweet guess I will be ordering one sooner that I thought. Wish I wouldn't have missed the one that sold on here for $175 was already painted to match my car.

Anyways... Thanks again

Corey

Users who are viewing this thread