Curious if this happens to others after loading new tune

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
On my '13 Mustang...Starting from scratch with a new tune I reset KAM and since I wasn't sure if it would clear trans adaptives as well, I pulled fuse 47 on the car. I reconnected the negative cable, replaced the fuse and loaded a new base tune.

Being a DD I drove it casually to work and back a couple of days and wow did it feel strong at part throttle and one romp at wot. Then after another couple of trips to work and back, I felt a lot less torque.

Datalogging idle and part throttle, the fuel trims are anywhere from mid teens to a high of 27%. No spark knock seen ..."0"all the way through. Haven't had an opportunity, room on the road, to do a 3rd gear wot datalog yet.

I just thought it was unusual for it to feel stronger and then go downhill some. Even tire squealing making turns which was unusual. Felt great! From past observation, it's more often going the other way after loading a new tune.

An adaptive intervening? Throttle response is down as well.

Just curious. Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Is there some kind of learned torque management?
Good question.

You know what's even more odd...the power came back. It's not DA/weather either. Seems like it takes a "break" once in a while. I wouldn't mention it if it were not enough of a swing that it was quite noticeable.

Today, it warmed up almost 30 degrees from this morning and the car acted odd on shifting some too (auto) in addition to ,obviously, less felt torque due to the warmer weather/da. Adaptives, MAF frequency calibration? Have a Steeda CAI with the larger MAF housing but Bama got instructions for what I have.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you writing this tune or are you having a tuner do it? I don't know anything about the new computers so my help is limited.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Are you writing this tune or are you having a tuner do it? I don't know anything about the new computers so my help is limited.
Ryan at Bama is tuning. I've tried two other well known tuners but...the power was worse or the same or driveability sucked...or both. I also contacted Diablo (I went back to inTune for on track adjustment and for me to have more control) and IF there is something that can't be figured out after a few tries with Bama, I was told they would help out. I've used SCT PRP before but I'm done tuning. I don't have the time. I just want to enjoy the car other than experimenting or small adjustments.

Support for the 3.7 is much more limited than more popular engines.

Right now, I'm getting rpm rise when I put it in park after driving a bit. In park, I tried giving a little throttle and could replicate the "stuck" rpm again when it shows up. It drops about 10 secs later and doesn't do it all the time. Occassionally is all. I've driven it about 500 miles by now on this base tune. I'd think if it would adapt out ...it would do it by now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread