curious what if - intercooler removed

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
anyone removed the Intercooler plumbed meth in the lower? :shrug:

meth/water injection on centri's & turbo's seems to be pretty effective....add in E85 as your fuel with its cooling properties seems you could hold detonation at bay with alot less restriction from the intercooler. less plumbing, weight, IC pumps.....etc

ctgreddy

Established Member
Pretty crazy idea. I also wonder if it'd work. Maybe it'd do great in a whipple/tvs setup. Not sure if it would be enough in a high heat eaton setup tho. Something that somebody should test imo.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Plus isn't there a company that makes a meth kit thats plumbed in the lower intake for our cars? I think Alky Control maybe makes it.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I wouldnt recommend it.

You can do a custom meth setup under the intake. I just recently did one on a 2013 GT500. But we still used the intercooler. Its a big pain in the ass though with little benefit. If you get rid of the intercooler. You are relying on your meth to keep your motor alive. You are relying on that each cylinder is getting the same and even amounts of meth. You would also be introducing more potential of leaks with a 4-5 nozzle meth setup. One of those nozzles gets clogged or farts, its over for your motor.

Users who are viewing this thread