Curious what you think ill make

Strikeking10

Established Member
I had my cobra torn apart this winter due to low compression in #5 and #6, also found all the exhaust valves were toasted and had small damage to the seats, Its being put back together now and hopefully it will be done in the next week or so, in the process I wanted to upgrade things while I was in there also so I am curious what you think ill make this time, im keeping the boost the same until I break in the new engine some. I made 568/535 with 15* timing @19.5lbs with the lower compression, previous mods in sig. Im also going to be running 92 oct with some torco mixed in, ill run e85 once I have some more miles on the engine.

Here are the mods:

Gen 2 Tvs 2.8 upper pulley, stock lower
bored .20 over
9.3:1 Manley pistons
Stock cams
Ford Gt roller rockers
Manley 1mm oversized valves
Bronze valve guides
Livernois springs 95lb seat
Lethal return system dual gss342 pumps
80lb injectors
Accufab Throttle Body
JLT Ram air
Diablosport MAFia or SCT BA3000
Stock headers
Bassani Offroad Xpipe
Cloyes adjustatble secondary cam gears
Cobra enginering secondary tensioner
Melling high volume oil pump
ARP Bolts all around
T56 Magnum
Spec stage 3+ clutch

Last edited:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Most ive seen are stock internals/compression or are gen 1 tvs's, I was curious how that would affect things as well.

From your previous runs i dont see much that will make a huge difference. The Gen 2 TVS isnt much different besides the EGR option. Going up 1 point of compression will give you a small bump especially on the low end. Other than that what else is going to lead to massive gains over your old set up?

Strikeking10

Established Member
From your previous runs i dont see much that will make a huge difference. The Gen 2 TVS isnt much different besides the EGR option. Going up 1 point of compression will give you a small bump especially on the low end. Other than that what else is going to lead to massive gains over your old set up?

I was hoping to be around the 630-640 range based off what ive seen others so thats why 615 took me a little by suprise, this is the first time ive done this kind of stuff to a car so I have no idea how it will effect everything so I figured id ask. I suppose besides the compression and adding more timing there isnt alot of power adders, most of everything was done in the heads, I forgot to add the 5 angle valve job to the list idk if that makes any kind of difference on these cars or not. I actually decided just to get new idlers and a 2.6 pulley anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread