Current E85 Prices in Dallas......

blowngt

Established Member
Gotta love the Corn! :rockon: :banana::dancenana:
4955824218_8dd305144d_z.jpg

Yeah.......but you have to run 30% more and I'd rather pay $14/gal for C16..... :poke:

You're lucky, it's still over $2.30 here......

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
A Fore Fuel Hat is a billet fuel hat that replaces the factory fuel hat and is set up for aftermarket (larger) pumps. It comes with upgraded wiring and fuel outlets as well.

FPDM's are Fuel Pump Driver Modules. I added an extra factory FPDM to handle the extra load of the (Ford GT) fuel pumps.

The -8 line refers to a larger diameter fuel line that I ran from the Fore Fuel Hat to the fuel rails. QUOTE]

Thanks teach. I've been doing my homework, or trying as much as I can before I dive in to this project.
I wanted to try to get this all done and then take the ride for a run down the track but the track local to here is closing at the end of the month I hear.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Yeah.......but you have to run 30% more and I'd rather pay $14/gal for C16..... :poke:

30% more of $1.84 (even $2.30) is still no where near $14/gal. I've even heard a lot on E85 being better for the engine than race gas. I know I'm glad I made the switch.

blowngt

Established Member
30% more of $1.84 (even $2.30) is still no where near $14/gal. I've even heard a lot on E85 being better for the engine than race gas. I know I'm glad I made the switch.

Yeah.......I'm just breakin his balls. I'm a E85 user and am just tired of hearing uninformed people saying that C16 is still better.

I'd make the argument that I would still use E85 over any race gas, even if it took 50% more to run it........

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Lucky you. Last time I filled up it was 2.19 a gallon here. Been that for seems like a year now.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
it has been 2.29 here for the longest time, but i cant complain, i have 17 stations to choose from.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Quick question guys, how much do E85 setups usually cost? Excluding the tune of course.

it depends on where you start from. if you allready have gt's and a BAP then you just need 80lb injectors and upgraded fuel line. my car maxed the gt pumps and BAP out at 600 hp. going to a -8 feed line dropped my duty cycle to 80%.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
There are a whole 2 stations that sell e85 in the los Angeles area and they are on opposite sides of L.A. And it is $2.77 a gallon! I guess it is cheaper than the 100 octane pump gas I have been using for 7.99 a gallon. I would expect L.A. to have e85 at most gas stations because of the whole tree hugger/liberal mentality this state is known for. Looks like I can't make the switch anytime soon.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Freaking BS. I do a search and there are two. Both over an hour away. What kind of horsesh!t is that in our nations Capitol.

There are 3 less than 10 miles away from me:banana:... i guess I'm going to be spending more money now:nonono:

When will it end...

Around $1,300 for the Fore fuel hat, GT pumps, 40amp BAP, Stage 2 FPDM, -8 Fuel line, and 80lb injectors. You can also look in the market section for deals.

Are those absolutely necessary? 60's wont work?

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
:lol: Hopefully it will come down a little more bro, but South Florida has been known for higher fuel prices.

Thanks teach. I've been doing my homework, or trying as much as I can before I dive in to this project.
I wanted to try to get this all done and then take the ride for a run down the track but the track local to here is closing at the end of the month I hear.
Well it's always good to research first. Heck, I wish I had this available when I started working on Mustangs 20 years ago. Sorry to hear about your track.

You should be happy with it! C16 is leaded and kills O2 sensors. E85 will actually clean O2 sensors. LOL...

Yeah.......I'm just breakin his balls. I'm a E85 user and am just tired of hearing uninformed people saying that C16 is still better.

I'd make the argument that I would still use E85 over any race gas, even if it took 50% more to run it........
iamwithstupid.gif

Lucky you. Last time I filled up it was 2.19 a gallon here. Been that for seems like a year now.
Well, it still beats putting in dino fuel. :thumbsup:

Quick question guys, how much do E85 setups usually cost? Excluding the tune of course.
It really depends on your HP goals. All you need is more fuel. (Bigger injectors/pumps Etc...)

it has been 2.29 here for the longest time, but i cant complain, i have 17 stations to choose from.
Wow! 17 stations. That's awesome! Hear that Diego? Wouldn't that be nice in Palm Beach County? There's around 10 here in DFW.

it depends on where you start from. if you allready have gt's and a BAP then you just need 80lb injectors and upgraded fuel line. my car maxed the gt pumps and BAP out at 600 hp. going to a -8 feed line dropped my duty cycle to 80%.
Wow. I wouldn't expect that much of a drop in DC with just the -8 line.

Around $1,300 for the Fore fuel hat, GT pumps, 40amp BAP, Stage 2 FPDM, -8 Fuel line, and 80lb injectors. You can also look in the market section for deals.
Well this set up would be good for 700 RWHP.

There are a whole 2 stations that sell e85 in the los Angeles area and they are on opposite sides of L.A. And it is $2.77 a gallon! I guess it is cheaper than the 100 octane pump gas I have been using for 7.99 a gallon. I would expect L.A. to have e85 at most gas stations because of the whole tree hugger/liberal mentality this state is known for. Looks like I can't make the switch anytime soon.
:( I would think CA would have E85 everywhere! I guess you could always buy a drum and fill up that way. Or buy a few 5 gallon containers. It will still make a lot more power than 100 octane. Erik picked up over 100 RWHP over the 100 Octane here in Dallas.

There are 3 less than 10 miles away from me:banana:... i guess I'm going to be spending more money now:nonono:

When will it end...
LOL. Don't think of it as spending more money. Think of the money you will be saving by possibly avoiding detonation and melting a piston.

Are those absolutely necessary? 60's wont work?
60 will get you to maybe 500-550 RWHP. You will need 80's for sure with your KB. Remember, 80's are 25% larger than the 60's.

And I'm sure you can easily sell the 60's. They are one of the most popular size injectors.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I have 3 e85 stations within 10 miles of me.

I'm actually interested in doing this to my car when I finally have the money to go twin screw. But I'm not gunna lie I have no clue on anything fuel related. I wouldn't know how to do the install or what to buy.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
^^^
:read::read: Better start reading then! :read::read:
That's all I've been doing. I haven't had a gas tank off in years but now its time :rockon:

xenodragon

Established Member
Go return style with 80lb injectors.

Return cost me $1,600 (minus the stock parts I sold for $400), so $1200.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Go return style with 80lb injectors.

Return cost me $1,600 (minus the stock parts I sold for $400), so $1200.

Are you running E-85 on your ported and pullied eaton?
Doesn't seem like it but I was just curious. I'm still on the ported/pullied eaton and am just weighing my options on what I want to do to the fuel system just yet.
I don't mind working on the car at all so I may stay small(er) for now and stay returnless. Work needs to pick up!

Good info here for sure

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Are you running E-85 on your ported and pullied eaton?
Doesn't seem like it but I was just curious. I'm still on the ported/pullied eaton and am just weighing my options on what I want to do to the fuel system just yet.
I don't mind working on the car at all so I may stay small(er) for now and stay returnless. Work needs to pick up!

Good info here for sure

Up here at altitude Im running a ported eaton at 15psi. 60lb injectors are at 80% and stock pumps with a BAP turned all the way up runs upper 90's to 100% duty cycle. So Based off that you'd need atleast the pumps. 60's should be able to get you close.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Up here at altitude Im running a ported eaton at 15psi. 60lb injectors are at 80% and stock pumps with a BAP turned all the way up runs upper 90's to 100% duty cycle. So Based off that you'd need atleast the pumps. 60's should be able to get you close.

<<<< For the new guy named venumb (Joe) the duty cycle is based off of how hard the pumps are working correct?
Or you said your injectors are pumping 80% of their pontential and the duty cycle of the pumps is close to 100% which I assume is hard on them? Lowering the pumps duty cycle is the way it should be correct? Maybe 70-80%?

Thanks for the help, just trying to gain some knowledge here so I know what I want to do and what direction I'm heading :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread