Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got a call saying the production of our Odyssey was pushed back from July to September...but the dealer had one that came in and nobody ahead of us on the list wanted so we grabbed it for MSRP

Nice! I ordered my wife a new Expedition last October. Supposed to get built in January, then February, then March....finally got built March 21st, supposed to be here 2nd or 3rd week of April...then May, June, July...now it's on a train finally and should be here middle of August.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

TrueCar sees July total new vehicle industry sales down 10% Y/Y

TRUE -0.96%Now!
  • TrueCar (NASDAQ:TRUE) expects total new vehicle industry sales to reach 1,119,712 units in July 2022, down 10% Y/Y and down 2% M/M.
  • Excluding fleet sales, the company expects U.S. retail deliveries of new cars and light trucks to be 975,597 units, down 14% Y/Y and down 1% M/M.
  • Fleet sales for the month are expected to be up 30% Y/Y and up 7% M/M.
  • Average transaction price is projected to be up 12% Y/Y and flat M/M.
  • Used vehicle sales to reach 3M, down 17% Y/Y and up 4% M/M.
  • Total light vehicle industry sales is an estimated 13M, down 15% Y/Y.
  • "This month we're seeing the first response from the industry to address affordability concerns, by increasing incentives for the first time in nearly 20 months," said Zack Krelle, Industry Analyst at TrueCar. "Even before the latest bump in federal interest rates, consumers were facing rising challenges to vehicle affordability. As rates go up, consumers are faced with increased monthly payments, even as average transaction prices remain flat."

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I’ve been looking for a Mach for over a year. Ford dealer 5 minutes from my house has an ingot silver, handling pack, elite interior, Tremec. Spec’d just the way I want. $67k plus $25k ADM. $92k for a Mach.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been looking for a Mach for over a year. Ford dealer 5 minutes from my house has an ingot silver, handling pack, elite interior, Tremec. Spec’d just the way I want. $67k plus $25k ADM. $92k for a Mach.
LMFAO
03683f2d-7a9d-4dd0-9a88-0526f373bfca_text.gif

You can get a '22 GT500 for that!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
LMFAO
03683f2d-7a9d-4dd0-9a88-0526f373bfca_text.gif

You can get a '22 GT500 for that!

Which is why I don’t have one yet.

Dealer in AZ has a FJG 2021 with all the options I want except handling pack but it does have the nicer wheels and appearance package. It is used with 1800 miles. Asking $5k over MSRP. It’s used FFS!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
Which is why I don’t have one yet.

Dealer in AZ has a FJG 2021 with all the options I want except handling pack but it does have the nicer wheels and appearance package. It is used with 1800 miles. Asking $5k over MSRP. It’s used FFS!!!!!!

And it'll sell.
Whether you feel it's worth the money is irrelevant. The value of an object is set by what someone will pay. And someone will pay that.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Lots of mark downs on advertised cars and guys are talking about it. I would call them up, give them your info, make the offer you feel is fair and see what happens. Just make sure they understand that you are serious and a buyer at the price you give them.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That localish Ford dealer still has 2 ev F-150 on lot with 1 inbound and dropped prices down to $2,500 over MSRP.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I would've ordered you one at invoice.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Maybe @13COBRA can hook you up??

And it'll sell.
Whether you feel it's worth the money is irrelevant. The value of an object is set by what someone will pay. And someone will pay that.
That is exactly the reason why they won't sell it to me. They know that there are dipshits out there who have more money than brains. When I called the dealer in AZ I said that I am in Vegas, I would come with cash, and would pay "X" price (which I thought was reasonable), they said they are into the car for more than the listed price online. But they said the good news is they don't do dealer add ons (nitrogen in tires, VIN etching etc.). Oh, lucky me! What a wonderful bunch of people! LOL The reason the car will sell for $5k over MSRP when it is used is the same reason why 2/3 of Americans can't afford an unexpected $400 expense and why the average person has nothing saved for retirement. We're walking among a bunch of financially illiterates.
Lots of mark downs on advertised cars and guys are talking about it. I would call them up, give them your info, make the offer you feel is fair and see what happens. Just make sure they understand that you are serious and a buyer at the price you give them.
I told the local dealer I'm a buyer at MSRP, I live 5 minutes away so I'm local, and to go check the service department to see that I have brought Shelbys and Coyotes in for service in the past. I don't currently own a Ford but would gladly take the Mach for the price that Ford and I agree it is worth and I'd be bringing it there for service. I could have told them I could cure cancer and solve the water crisis in the southwest and they wouldn't have cared. LOL I also told them the same thing on the two previous Machs they had (one was FJG and the other white, both were nicely optioned: elite interior, Tremec, appearance pack, but no handling pack). They told me they bought them from other dealers and paid over MSRP for them so they couldn't deal.
I would've ordered you one at invoice.
Wish I had know. I read some people waiting for orders that were waiting and weren't sure they would ever get their cars. I guess that is why I never thought to order. I had been reading about this for the past year.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Drove through the Dodge Dealership in Janesville, WI today and seen this Ram TRX sitting on the lot. When I got home I looked up the price. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 7.05.30 PM.png

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove through the Dodge Dealership in Janesville, WI today and seen this Ram TRX sitting on the lot. When I got home I looked up the price. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1756444
Looks about like my local place. Now that i’ve ordered elsewhere, i‘m sure they’ll awkwardly ask me why i didn’t use them if i need any warranty work

FIVEHOE

Established Member
This is exactly what I did when I picked up my trackhawk. I told them what I was willing to pay, cash buyer, and told them they can take it or leave it. They called me after a week and told me it was a deal if I was still interested.

Dusten

Established Member
This is exactly what I did when I picked up my trackhawk. I told them what I was willing to pay, cash buyer, and told them they can take it or leave it. They called me after a week and told me it was a deal if I was still interested.

To most dealers a cash buyer is a turn off. They lose money by not financing.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

I let the dealer in AZ who has the used one with 1800 miles on it know that I would pay MSRP for it ($56,xxx) and I thought that was fair since the car is used and was purchased a year ago so warranty clock has been ticking. They didn’t blink before turning me down.

I found a perfect example in San Bernardino. 2022, white, handling package, elite interior, brand new. Dealer has it listed for $60,190. I called and asked if there was an ADM, told them I’d pay MSRP, etc. They dragged me around, sending texts, dodging the question of ADM. Finally told me the price was $78k but willing to deal on ADM. No thanks. LOL

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Local Chevy dealer has refilled his work truck lot and overflowed onto their new car side, pretty crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread