Current New Vehicle Market

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
  • GM is making a $1500 option mandatory on all new Buick, Cadillac, and GMC vehicles, according to a report today by the Detroit Free Press.
  • The option is for the three-year OnStar and Connected Services Premium Plan.
  • Essentially a price hike, GM's mandatory option looks to be the latest example of automakers finding ways to raise prices.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Surprised GM didnt want to go the way BMW was trying to do with monthly subs. I can already see future cars

Heated seats - $15
Open Gas Cap - $5
Lube - Priceless

5.0 Hatch

Established Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is interesting...

Comes right at the same time a bill is being pushed through for $7,500 tax credits

Yep. Isn't that a joke?

Basically the government is subsidizing the EV market. I have mixed feelings since they're pushing it on everyone...but I also hate knowing tax dollars are being spent so carelessly.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Surprised GM didnt want to go the way BMW was trying to do with monthly subs. I can already see future cars

Heated seats - $15
Open Gas Cap - $5
Lube - Priceless

I wonder if that $1,500 shows up on the window sticker?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The 1,500 does show up on the Window Sticker under options. An option that can't be removed.

Glad I got mine before they added that shit

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
  • GM is making a $1500 option mandatory on all new Buick, Cadillac, and GMC vehicles, according to a report today by the Detroit Free Press.
  • Essentially a price hike, GM's mandatory option looks to be the latest example of automakers finding ways to raise prices.
WOW!!!
That's terrible. I'm thinking it's kind of line with Ford locking the PCMs on the S650 Mustangs and make over the air updates. So, if you got a tune, it'll either knock your tune out or you'll keep getting the CEL telling you to bring your car to the dealership because the must be something wrong because it cannot get a signal or is blocked.

No longer a free People.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
WOW!!!
That's terrible. I'm thinking it's kind of line with Ford locking the PCMs on the S650 Mustangs and make over the air updates. So, if you got a tune, it'll either knock your tune out or you'll keep getting the CEL telling you to bring your car to the dealership because the must be something wrong because it cannot get a signal or is blocked.

No longer a free People.

The EPA driving that all the way. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford sends a list of non-communicating cars to the EPA and CARB.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Localish dealer still has those 3 F-150 hybrid on lot over MSRP with 1 more inbound.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Localish dealer still has those 3 F-150 hybrid on lot over MSRP with 1 more inbound.
How much over sticker do they want?

I need to go visit that Chev dealer that had a lot full of work trucks that they wanted 15k “internet price” over sticker. I’m sure they are sitting. The Houston rail yard was looking rather empty when I drove by it last weekend. Who knows what shenanigans these jerks are pulling now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

How far over?

I'm sitting on a meeting with the entire Ford Central Market right now...market day supply for 2022 F-150s is 12 days.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
How far over?

I'm sitting on a meeting with the entire Ford Central Market right now...market day supply for 2022 F-150s is 12 days.

It's Superior Ford in Plymouth, MN. I am not sure why they are not selling in the metro, most peculiar.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Do these things have OTA updates? If so, they're just passing the cost of the LTE service they're already using for the OTA stuff down to the customer for the length of the warranty. Sneaky...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
D93B6109-6C57-4FF4-8C0C-BE4A16AAF307.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Established Member
WOW!!!

No longer a free People.
Any more info, links or facts to the comment about Ford locking the upcoming S650 PCM’s?

Users who are viewing this thread