Current New Vehicle Market

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Local GMC lot actually starting to fill with inventory. Ford lot staying right around a dozen new F-150.

robvas

Established Member
Hah!

Attachments

• 0727B88B-DF89-4CDC-BDFE-DFA43111F499.jpeg
    0727B88B-DF89-4CDC-BDFE-DFA43111F499.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 86

robvas

Established Member
Local GMC lot actually starting to fill with inventory. Ford lot staying right around a dozen new F-150.
Drove by the GMC Cadillac dealer yesterday and they were about half full. Way more cars than I've seen since the start of the pandemic

MFE

Established Member
People are cancelling orders now that interest rates are on the way up. A whole generation of car buyers thinks 0% financing is normal LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
People are cancelling orders now that interest rates are on the way up. A whole generation of car buyers thinks 0% financing is normal LOL

We're still seeing rates in the 3s and 4s for the most part for prime buyers. I haven't had anyone cancel due to interest rates, yet.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We're still seeing rates in the 3s and 4s for the most part for prime buyers. I haven't had anyone cancel due to interest rates, yet.
I'll add to that.
If I was buying a new vehicle, the interest rate wouldn't shy me away. You can always "HOPEFULLY" refinance later on down the line.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll add to that.
If I was buying a new vehicle, the interest rate wouldn't shy me away. You can always "HOPEFULLY" refinance later on down the line.

I don't know if I would count on that haha

I would bet the 3/4 area will be about as low as it gets in the next 10 years.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know if I would count on that haha

I would bet the 3/4 area will be about as low as it gets in the next 10 years.
Damnnnnnnnnn. lol

That still wouldn't stop me. Although, it would be nice to have a lower rate, "HOPEFULLY" sooner than later. lol

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Let’s not forget that the boomers are still in charge eh?

With what I'm seeing in the construction field. Knowledge is worth bank. Boomers are retiring at a fast pace, and the past recessions closed the door for many up and comers. It shows from the top down. From Architectural firms down to simple labor. Experience pays well. Many of us would enjoy handing over the reins, but few would know what to do with them.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
With what I'm seeing in the construction field. Knowledge is worth bank. Boomers are retiring at a fast pace, and the past recessions closed the door for many up and comers. It shows from the top down. From Architectural firms down to simple labor. Experience pays well. Many of us would enjoy handing over the reins, but few would know what to do with them.
Another factor to consider is that there really isn't enough people to replace the boomers. That was/is a MASSIVE generation...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another factor to consider is that there really isn't enough people to replace the boomers. That was/is a MASSIVE generation...

Key issue here, and not fixable.

Hopefully the growth of automation can help offset the loss of workforce.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Key issue here, and not fixable.

Hopefully the growth of automation can help offset the loss of workforce.
You know another note to this...

I truly blame the MASSIVE push towards College over the Trades.....

So many people these days dont want to work with their hands and go through an apprenticeship, become a journeyman and make bank....

Theyd rather pull their pud in a cubical than do actual work. It baffles me.

Just in this industry alone, I've got 18-22 year olds working for me CRUSHING it making great money while Engineers fresh out of College with a fancy piece of wall paper are getting paid HALF what these kids are making.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You know another note to this...

I truly blame the MASSIVE push towards College over the Trades.....

So many people these days dont want to work with their hands and go through an apprenticeship, become a journeyman and make bank....

Theyd rather pull their pud in a cubical than do actual work. It baffles me.

Just in this industry alone, I've got 18-22 year olds working for me CRUSHING it making great money while Engineers fresh out of College with a fancy piece of wall paper are getting paid HALF what these kids are making.

1000% agreed. I've said this for years and it's only getting worse.

I do think it's a flaw in the human brain though, and not purposefully being done.

All of the teachers, counselors and advisers that children come into contact with beginning in kindergarten through their senior year in high school, all went to college. Those individuals would have a really hard time admitting that the path they chose may not be the proper path for everyone. It's human nature to not want to be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread