Current New Vehicle Market

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I’m seeing more and more explorer ST out and about with paper tags.

They giving big discounts on them?
Aside from the lil annoying things they have, its a great fun SUV. We love ours. Dont think ive seen any discounts on them but they're finally at or slight below MSRP

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Aside from the lil annoying things they have, its a great fun SUV. We love ours. Dont think ive seen any discounts on them but they're finally at or slight below MSRP

Back up camera going to pot fixed by warranty has been our only complaint. It’s an excellent, and very fun/capable SUV.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Read this thread as to why prospects for auto sales are even grimmer than many realize. I think the technical term is "shit is about to get ****ed."

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Read this thread as to why prospects for auto sales are even grimmer than many realize. I think the technical term is "shit is about to get ****ed."

Maybe people will just start launching their cars off the side of a cliff.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Meh. I don't know how common "open auto stipulation" loans are, or were in the past, but ive had multiple car loans simultaneously in the past.., no big deal.

All I read in that guys 10 page twitter dissertation is shit we already know.
-values are plummeting
-people are now upside down on auto loans (bfd... been like that since, forever)
-banks want to loan money to people that won't have a way to pay

Tezz500

Established Member
Meh. I don't know how common "open auto stipulation" loans are, or were in the past, but ive had multiple car loans simultaneously in the past.., no big deal.

All I read in that guys 10 page twitter dissertation is shit we already know.
-values are plummeting
-people are now upside down on auto loans (bfd... been like that since, forever)
-banks want to loan money to people that won't have a way to pay
"This action caused massive inflation during the 2020s..."

"What is Covid Stimulus and printing TRILLIONS of Dollars out of thin air Alex..."

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
but ive had multiple car loans simultaneously in the past.., no big deal.

My guess is that you were employed at the time.

The point is that it is necessary to finance negative equity to sell cars right now just as we are about to enter a recession + unemployment going up.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My guess is that you were employed at the time.

The point is that it is necessary to finance negative equity to sell cars right now just as we are about to enter a recession + unemployment going up.

Fair enough and I'd agree.. obviously not ideal. I also agree values are going to plummet to historic or near historic lows. A real shit storm is brewing.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Back up camera going to pot fixed by warranty has been our only complaint. It’s an excellent, and very fun/capable SUV.
Going round 3 with my camera issues, my sunroof popped a clip... again.... and the flex pipe still rattles that Ford said was normal lol So those are my lil quirks.

I mean that was pretty much in the known. Same with homes, people were buying them overpriced. We'll be seeing crashes in the next 2 years or so.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
Going round 3 with my camera issues, my sunroof popped a clip... again.... and the flex pipe still rattles that Ford said was normal lol So those are my lil quirks.

I mean that was pretty much in the known. Same with homes, people were buying them overpriced. We'll be saying crashes in the next 2 years or so.
I got an emissions recall to take care of..and Im actually hesitant... We havent gotten any rattle. Kinda scared theyre gonna **** it up lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
VTN-Average-US-car-loan2212160437.png

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I’m seeing more and more explorer ST out and about with paper tags.

They giving big discounts on them?
I looked at one for the wife back in the summer...talk about sticker shock...they were steep. Boat the same price as a f150 lariat

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Bullish breakout... 40k plus here we come

LOL at car loans going parabolic

We have pulled forward 7 years of consumption in 3 years. This, combined with the term of the loans financed, has dropped an atom bomb on the new car market.

"Pricing is never going back to the old way" will go down as a BTC @$80K level top tick.

Users who are viewing this thread