Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
KELLEY BLUE BOOK
The average borrower taking out a used car loan in the first quarter of 2023 borrowed 125% of the value of the car they bought, according to a new study.

Eh. Yes and no.

Depends on the valuation tool.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
KELLEY BLUE BOOK
The average borrower taking out a used car loan in the first quarter of 2023 borrowed 125% of the value of the car they bought, according to a new study.
1689114209919.gif

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Eh. Yes and no.

Depends on the valuation tool.

Sounds like a "show me the data" click bait.

Although I'm sure there is a negative equity trade in + dealer mark up element to it with new cars.

Used cars I'm sure it's the valuation tools are not in alignment.

KBB values my '04 STI at $12,000 and a '20 STI at $33,000

Roughly $10k under on both.

Conversely it also say a '03 Cobra with 100k miles in excellent condition is worth... $16,000

Yeahhhhh no

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Doesn't matter if they plan to pay it off.

I felt in '21 I way over paid for my Silverado ($14k for a '05 2500HD) . At THE TIME it was a okay price and I needed a Quad Cab. I knew in 3 years if I decide I want to change, it wouldn't matter. I got my value out it and it's not like I owed money on it. It just becomes an issue of "well I'm not trading/selling this truck for $4k that I paid $14k for"

Just more incentive to keep it. Then again the damn thing is probably worth $15k and no ****ing way I'm selling it to buy a $85k truck.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Pretty cool.

The Drive
The Drive

Follow

2023 Ford F-550 Pickup Has Nearly 10,000-LB Max Payload for Huge Slide-In Campers​

Story by Caleb Jacobs • Yesterday 2:06 PM

2023 Ford F-550 Pickup Has Nearly 10,000-LB Max Payload for Huge Slide-In Campers

2023 Ford F-550 Pickup Has Nearly 10,000-LB Max Payload for Huge Slide-In Campers© Elevation Off-Grid

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Ford cuts prices on F-150 Lightning truck

I'm not buying their reason for being able to drop the price. I have a feeling other factors are in place like not being able to sell these things. I'd hate to be one of those suckers who paid ADM and now watching Ford "slash" the prices. EV resell value will always be in the toilet.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

I'm not buying their reason for being able to drop the price. I have a feeling other factors are in place like not being able to sell these things. I'd hate to be one of those suckers who paid ADM and now watching Ford "slash" the prices. EV resell value will always be in the toilet.

Any dealer taking an EV on trade has to be ruthless with the owners trading them in right now. Used cars are for making money.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Pretty cool.

The Drive
The Drive
Follow

2023 Ford F-550 Pickup Has Nearly 10,000-LB Max Payload for Huge Slide-In Campers​

Story by Caleb Jacobs • Yesterday 2:06 PM

2023 Ford F-550 Pickup Has Nearly 10,000-LB Max Payload for Huge Slide-In Campers
2023 Ford F-550 Pickup Has Nearly 10,000-LB Max Payload for Huge Slide-In Campers© Elevation Off-Grid

Nevermind, I see it's an aftermarket conversion.

Think about the guys who bought early ones on BaT...

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
@13COBRA , does ford give any heads up to dealers on when they're going to cut prices? I can see dealers being pretty upset if they they took any of these bricks on trade over the last few weeks.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA , does ford give any heads up to dealers on when they're going to cut prices? I can see dealers being pretty upset if they they took any of these bricks on trade over the last few weeks.

Nope. They release it to us at the same time it goes public.

I can assure you, if I traded for a few of them in the last couple of weeks and then this came out, I'd have my rep up here to chat haha

A local CDJR guy had that happen last fall when he took in about 12 Teslas...then they hacked the new prices.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really in the market, but was looking at Limited Expeditions. Local dealer probably has 10-12 on the lot, a few just sitting. Only going 2k off the MSRP.
I'd assume Ford is in no rush for incentives to move the full size SUVs/trucks.
They are loaded on F150's too(also 2-3k off)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not really in the market, but was looking at Limited Expeditions. Local dealer probably has 10-12 on the lot, a few just sitting. Only going 2k off the MSRP.
I'd assume Ford is in no rush for incentives to move the full size SUVs/trucks.
They are loaded on F150's too(also 2-3k off)

Correct. My wife's 2023 Limited will be in next month some time. I'll be selling her 2022 Limited Performance Package (Raptor motor), it'll have 18k miles or so. Any interest?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife and I have been looking at Mavericks locally:

20 min away:

The price difference is nuts. I may see what they will give me for my b2300 sooner rather than later.

The new ones...looks like forced pricing as far as what's online. I would guess they're different prices when you call in or stop by.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I seem to remember Stangmode (sorry I had to reference him) stating in a video a few weeks ago that there were delays on the 2024 Mustang. They were just sitting at Ford due to QC issues/questions. I can't seem to find a thread on this site about what is happening with the new Stang, when delivery will begin, etc. Anyone know when they will begin hitting the street?

My apologies, gents! Found my answers on mustang7g.com

Mustang 7g

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
A friend of mine went window shopping over the weekend. His wife is interested in the 392 Wrangler. The one they found had a $40K mark up. The Super Duty had a $10k mark up. And the Raptor was $20k market adjustment along with $16,500 custom package. Which was a lift kit and wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread