Current New Vehicle Market

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Yup. Loaded WRX will hit $40k however.

Cars started at $22k back in 2002.

Guys are making 450hp with a tune in the VB WRX, but I'm not seeing any exciting 1/4 vids.

I can chime in here since I own a 22 WRX in Limited trim. Got it for nearly $3k below msrp as no one was purchasing the 22s when they came out.

Because no one was really buying them, aftermarket support was way behind. Cobb literally just came out with their own catback a couple of months ago and Cobb is all about Subarus.

ETS released a larger turbo kit for it a few months ago but only a couple of shops have played with it. Think one has gotten close to 600whp on the stock block.

Another shop has ran in the 10s on the factory turbo with a 75 shot.

I have an intake and a tune on mine on 93 and it should be right around 330whp and 360 ft lbs.

It's a legit platform for the price.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Some good deals still on the F-150 Hybrid in my neck of the woods.

The sticker on the 2nd truck is $64 not $54.

1691000194848.png

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Because no one was really buying them, aftermarket support was way behind. Cobb literally just came out with their own catback a couple of months ago and Cobb is all about Subarus.

Cobb has been struggling with EPA issues. Gotta lick that boot.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
hahahaha100k for a non z07 package. what a bunch of ****ing idiots. I found 4 dealerships when i was looking for a z07 and they were all willing to do 30-40 over. hilarious all these dealerships who think they can get 100k over for their base packages. have fun letting them rot in the show room.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

Thoughts on this video?

Top 3 selling "light" vehicles all have huge price tags for the average American. How are they selling them? How are people affording them? Video is almost 8 minutes long, but worth it (IMO).

OEMs aren't interested in selling low-margin, base vehicle trims when they can use the same effort to make far more profitable higher trim vehicles. The chip shortage has shifted the mix of low end trims to high end trims. You can still order those base trim vehicles if you really want, just don't expect to see them on the lot.

olympic

Established Member
hahahaha100k for a non z07 package. what a bunch of ****ing idiots. I found 4 dealerships when i was looking for a z07 and they were all willing to do 30-40 over. hilarious all these dealerships who think they can get 100k over for their base packages. have fun letting them rot in the show room.

Last week, a guy showed up to a local car meet with a new Z06. Supposedly 1 of 5 here in Canada. Rumor was he paid north of $250K CDN for it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Inflation is transient!
http://www.marketwatch.com/
MarketWatch
MarketWatch
Follow

Used cars for less than $20,000 have ‘nearly vanished,’ study says​

Story by Claudia Assis •2h

Used cars for less than $20,000 have ‘nearly vanished,’ study says

Used cars for less than $20,000 have ‘nearly vanished,’ study says© Getty Images
Used cars are slightly cheaper these days, but prices remain nearly 50% higher than in 2019 and people have fewer options than ever before of scoring anything for less than $20,000.

Analysts at iSeeCars.com said Tuesday they analyzed prices of about 11 million used vehicles up to 5 years old and found that cars selling for under $20,000 made up about 12% of the used-car market this year, from a 49% slice of the market in 2019.

“Among the pandemic’s many casualties is the affordable used car, which has nearly vanished from the used-car marketplace,” iSeeCars analyst Karl Brauer said.
“In 2019, used-car shoppers with a budget of $15,000 could afford over 20% of the late-model used car market. Today that budget only gets them access to 1.6% of the market.”
Moreover, people might get stuck with a car with many more miles on it. “Used-car shoppers are now paying nearly 50% more money for cars that are 20% more used,” Brauer said.
Within that under-$20,000 price range, the average used-car’s mileage rose 46% to 63,457 miles this year, from 43,541 in 2019. Across all price points, more than half of cars sold in 2023 have at least 20% more mileage than similarly priced cars in 2019, iSeeCars said.
Used-car prices shot up during the pandemic as many people found themselves in need of new wheels because they were avoiding public transportation, and had moved farther from their offices, among other reasons.
At the same time, the pandemic also wreaked havoc with supplies of chips and auto parts, which cut down new-vehicle inventories and pushed prices higher amid the heightened demand. Priced out of new cars, many who previously considered new cars only turned to the used-vehicle market, contributing to the jump in demand — and prices.
On Monday, Cox Automotive said that wholesale used-vehicle prices fell 1.6% in July from June, and their Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index was down 11.6% from a year ago.
The July drop, however, comes after 22 straight months of double-digit increases from July 2020 to April 2022, and just six double-digit declines since October. The index, Cox Automotive said, it’s back at the same value as seen in April 2021. Moreover, the downdraft might not continue.
“Used retail inventory continues to rebuild, but with used retail sales also showing some summer strength, we do not foresee wholesale price declines of serious import through December,” said Chris Frey, a senior manager of economic and industry insights at Cox.
Cox estimated that used-car retail sales are down only 0.5% in July compared to last year, and that the average retail listing price for a used vehicle moved 1.8% lower over the last four weeks.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I keep posting in here even though my topics and info are not necessarily for new cars only. Ban me!!! LOL

I am completely confused by the overall market. I have been looking for a Mach 1 for over a year and the only reason I don't have one is that I refuse to pay the prices people are asking for them. Dealers are selling them for less than MSRP yet Ford has them priced so high in the first place that a few thousand under MSRP is still a shit ton for a Mustang. A grabber blue 2022 with handling pack SOLD for an even $50k on BAT yesterday. It had 4k miles on it. Then I go on Autotrader and M1's with 10k-15k miles that are base models are for sale for $60k. Hell, our local Ford dealer has a used 2019 GT premium PP1 for sale for $44k. After taxes you're damn near the price of the GB M1 that just sold on BAT! WTF!?!?!?! There seems to be price compression and dealers/sellers don't seem to want to move from Covid pricing on Mustangs, so I'm on the sidelines. If a 2021 M1 with the options I want went for $60k two years ago, why are prices still at $55k+ for these cars? It is a 2 year old car with mileage on it and you're selling it for less than 10% off of MSRP when it was new?

I'm just in the mood to bitch and moan today. LOL

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I keep posting in here even though my topics and info are not necessarily for new cars only. Ban me!!! LOL

I am completely confused by the overall market. I have been looking for a Mach 1 for over a year and the only reason I don't have one is that I refuse to pay the prices people are asking for them. Dealers are selling them for less than MSRP yet Ford has them priced so high in the first place that a few thousand under MSRP is still a shit ton for a Mustang. A grabber blue 2022 with handling pack SOLD for an even $50k on BAT yesterday. It had 4k miles on it. Then I go on Autotrader and M1's with 10k-15k miles that are base models are for sale for $60k. Hell, our local Ford dealer has a used 2019 GT premium PP1 for sale for $44k. After taxes you're damn near the price of the GB M1 that just sold on BAT! WTF!?!?!?! There seems to be price compression and dealers/sellers don't seem to want to move from Covid pricing on Mustangs, so I'm on the sidelines. If a 2021 M1 with the options I want went for $60k two years ago, why are prices still at $55k+ for these cars? It is a 2 year old car with mileage on it and you're selling it for less than 10% off of MSRP when it was new?

I'm just in the mood to bitch and moan today. LOL

I hear you and thought about it. Used and new are just so darn intertwined in the market.

The problem is that the OEM's made a lot fewer cars during covid.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I hear you and thought about it. Used and new are just so darn intertwined in the market.

The problem is that the OEM's made a lot fewer cars during covid.
Right, and it isn't just with Mustangs. A one year old Honda Accord with 10k miles will have a selling price that is almost the same as the identical brand new Accord. Its lunacy! LOL

FYI, here is the link to the ended auction on BAT for the GB HP M1 in case anyone is interested. The seller said the $50k price was just a touch more than what a dealer offered him.

M1 on BAT

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, annoying to say the least.

Ford is the #1 recalled manufacturer year to date. Some of them warranted, others dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread