Custom built 98 Cobra Vert 1134 HP

sisky wolf

Established Member
Thi

0.18 per day
Trader Rating: (0) Custom built 98 Cobra Vert 1134 HP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.18 per day
Trader Rating: (0) Custom built 98 Cobra Vert 1134 HP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking about selling the Cobra..Now that I have done all that is needed to have a low 9 sec.pump gas street driven car. I will post a resume of the car later...right now the list is way too long pull off the top of my head..Just a brief...Motor built to handel 1500 Hp.. SCT Big Air MAF...SCT x CA2 Vortec "M" Race T-Trim ,capable of 26 lbs. boost, now pulling 17 lbs. boost MSD Dis4 ,Anderson Pwr. Pipe.Mac long tube headers,MMr Catch can. All new forged internals with stage 2 blower cams ported heads(322 intake..244 exhaust) Manley Billet I Beams,Manley Pistons,New special ground crank 20% stronger and 18% lighter than stock,all studs and bolts ARP,New built Oil pump hardened gears,10 qt. Canton oil pan with windage tray,Tremec t-56 Cobra r tranny with 26 spline input shaft with MGW shifter,Spec twin Disc clutch ..rated at 1400Hp,Quick time steel bell housing,Gregs alumiinum drive shaft,32 spline Mosher axels with c-clipeliminators 4.10 Eaton posi with metal clutch pacs,all suspension incul tublar K member and A frames,etc,1/2 studs for rear wheels battery cut off switch behind lic. plate drive shaft loop,Snow stage2 meth injection with dual nozzles Meth box hold 2 gal. 75% meth and 25% distilled water .Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump with 10 and 100 micron filters, 1/2 "steel braaided fuel line and 1/2" fuel rails..early Teksid block with 2001 intake and heads
Car dynoed with 500 miles on it ,break in oil and single nozzle injector for meth 851 rwhp and 670rwtq on a Mustang Dyno...now with 3200 miles on motor and synthetic oil and 2nd meth injector we expect 880 to 890 rwhp and 700 to 720 rwtq

New Lt wt. Procar racing seats with 5 way harnesses, (both driver and passanger)6 pt roll bar new carpetiing all gages necessary
Much more but I will lhave to get out the paper work to catch up ...Car is in excellent shape...always garaged and only seen rain a couple times

Would consider a offer of $25,000...no trades

Hickey_chico's Photobucket media

Last edited:

sisky wolf

Established Member
Why are you selling?
Vids?
850 rwhp on a T trim at only 17lbs?

Boost is only one part of the equation for HP...Did yolu see what my heads are flowing...At the time the tuner had a hard time believing..Dyno was shut dowwn twice and recalibrated.

I bought the car brand new..only 7 miles on the odometer..I am just getting burnt out ..spending money . I have over $60,000 invested in car not counting the purchase price...this is my fifth motor..Last rebuild cost me over $18,000

The block is an early 99 Teksid..intake and heads and are 2001 brand new

sisky wolf

Established Member
price? and why do u keep goin through motors?

took me 3 blown motors to finally find the right shop and tuner...All previous shops had great reputations,,most shops were not familar with tuning with Meth..and computer friendly..last tuner actually removed my computer and rebuilt it...had it towed from the previous shop because shop owner and tuner could not get the car running ..had it 5 months..Sadly the builder of my last motor went out of business..due to the economy and some bad investment moves...
Not really sure what to ask...the car is street friendly,incul Pwr steering ,pwr windows,pwr brakes ,cruse control(22 mpg on Fwy) and AC and ready for the track./.also have a set of brand new ET Streets 28x11.5x16 with tube and screw set..needed the 28" height because of trap speed ..car will trap 146 to 148 mph. Also Brand new set of 275x40 ZR17 on the stock rims. MT Drag Radials presently sit on 17 x9 Lt. Wt Konig Rims

I would probablly take $30,000 and help with delivery...only 3200 miless on new motor,tranny gone thr and rear end all bugs have been found and corrected
Comes with SCT Flasher preprogramed with st. tune and race tune

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey bud, thought that I would help you out with the asking price. 30k is wayyyyy to much. unfortantley you will never get that. I would start at about 20k and it'll go alot farther down. There is a F1 Cobra forsale right now and he's already at like 18k I think. I hope that this helps you out on what to ask.. If I were you I'd just keep the car. Get it tuned by another tuner so then it's a little more reliable.

sisky wolf

Established Member
Hey bud, thought that I would help you out with the asking price. 30k is wayyyyy to much. unfortantley you will never get that. I would start at about 20k and it'll go alot farther down. There is a F1 Cobra forsale right now and he's already at like 18k I think. I hope that this helps you out on what to ask.. If I were you I'd just keep the car. Get it tuned by another tuner so then it's a little more reliable.
Your right not on this site..Need to get to Mecum Auto auction or Barrett Jackson..older guys with money.
Thanks for your advice...will probalbly just keep the car and stay off the track...car is very reliable..LA and back a few times no problems..all the bugs have been worked out..took over a year to get everything right...Hows your Cobra running?

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Car's running like a champ now that everything is built. I have my fuel system sitting in my house waiting to go in this winter then I can hopefully make as close to 700rwhp as possible on my race tune.. :thumbsup:

sisky wolf

Established Member
What does the fuel system consist of....hope your going with the steel braided 1/2" fuel lines and fuel rails...

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The fuel system is a glens sumped tank, A1000 pump, I already have the 60lb injectors and FORE fuel rails installed right now. All I need to do is install the tank, pump, filters, and I have enough SS braided line to plumb 50 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread