Custom built rad support cover

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Hey guys. Just thought I would share my custom rad support cover I designed and built for my 04 svt Cobra . I have spent quite a bit of time on this over the last 8 months and it has finally paid off . It's laser cut from 18 gauge aluminum and I am making more units in the near future .
Here are some pictures from throughout the development
This is what they look like straight from laser cutting
IMG_5994_zpsc4uwpfdq.jpg

I make all the bends on a hand brake . Raw aluminum unit .
IMG_5938_zpsk4yx3kws.jpg

Then finally a black powder coated unit (finished product)

IMG_5914_zpswov4fiad.jpg

This Is by far one of the toughest things I have ever built in my life . I took the extra time to make sure the fit and finish is perfect , there are no big gaps around the hood latch and its fits on the car without any issue or stress on the unit .
All in all I am extremely happy with how it turned out.
Let me know what you guys think !
IMG_6021%202_zpszonttsk8.png

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Like really good! If you do start selling them on he side you're going to have to have more room for error cause the latch isn't in the same spots.

P.s I always hated doing all the math for bend radius

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Like really good! If you do start selling them on he side you're going to have to have more room for error cause the latch isn't in the same spots.

P.s I always hated doing all the math for bend radius

All you have to do is loosen the 3 bolts that hold the latch in place and adjust it accordingly. Shouldn't be an issue.
It's definitely a pain figuring out where things will end up after the bends are made.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Great job, it's very nice when you build something using your own hands and shop skills.

Users who are viewing this thread