Custom Cam Install this Fall (Pics, Vids, Dyno, Todd Warren)

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
It’s a sticker for the inside of the fuel door. It is basicaly saying the car isn’t flex fuel. The fuel never touches the blower, so the blower itself doesn’t really care what kind of fuel you are using.

Yea that makes sense. I was gonna say, what the hell are they talking about!?

cj428mach

Established Member
Confused by that E85 sticker myself. I've sprayed gasoline, methanol, water and nitrous through my Whipple for years without ever having a problem. I called whipple years ago to discuss that before doing it and they told me the rotor coating was resistant to all that and I would be just fine and it was true for me.

You sprayed gasoline through the blower? What was the idea behind that? I assume cool the charge.

Intervention302

Established Member
Head studs and rod bolts arrived.

Last question is if I want to upgrade my oil pan

Lethal has 20% off Moroso today I may jump on their 8qt pan
3ae0f085748101b7d6e427b7b4dec17a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Head studs and rod bolts arrived.

Last question is if I want to upgrade my oil pan

Lethal has 20% off Moroso today I may jump on their 8qt panView attachment 1453771

Another question is (if I didn't miss it) are you going to switch to the 13/14 full windage tray/gasket? I went Teksid so it forced the issue but it's a niece peiece either way. I guess not worth it if you're keeping the stock tray. Have to cut the scrapers out.

Intervention302

Established Member
Another question is (if I didn't miss it) are you going to switch to the 13/14 full windage tray/gasket? I went Teksid so it forced the issue but it's a niece peiece either way. I guess not worth it if you're keeping the stock tray. Have to cut the scrapers out.
Yeah I'm not sure yet.

I did get the billet OPG, but never really wanted to change my pan out.

My mechanic is saying I should. I'm worried the 8qt will hang too low for a street driven lowered car. Also will it fit with stock K and ARH

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure yet.

I did get the billet OPG, but never really wanted to change my pan out.

My mechanic is saying I should. I'm worried the 8qt will hang too low for a street driven lowered car. Also will it fit with stock K and ARH

That was my fear I stayed stock pan. My front is too low (going to raise up my coilovers the next day it's not 20 out) and Long Island roads are shit after the winter. I didn't want to worry about my pan being lower that the K or support bar and be the first thing I bottom out on. Not sure it would be, I'd like to see pics though.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
Save your money on the pan, stock holds 7 fine and that's enough to keep from any oil starvation so no worries.

Loving your build man. Cant wait to see the final outcome power and sound wise. I want to do a set of Todd's cams but I dont think I'll be able to afford them this offseason.

Also for what it's worth I've installed 2 sets of comp stage 3's at my work, both degreed to comps specs. One on a 2.2 kb car and one on a whipple 2.9 car. The kb car made 570 before(stock engine w/ 18lbs on 93) and left making 635. Only change was cams and boost was lowered to 16.5. Whipple car hasn't touched the dyno yet but it got a good amount of changes so cant really compare before/after on that. However both cars drive very good. the kb car when completed drove better than my car with stock cams. I think IMO the tuning is critical.

Intervention302

Established Member
Save your money on the pan, stock holds 7 fine and that's enough to keep from any oil starvation so no worries.

Loving your build man. Cant wait to see the final outcome power and sound wise. I want to do a set of Todd's cams but I dont think I'll be able to afford them this offseason.

Also for what it's worth I've installed 2 sets of comp stage 3's at my work, both degreed to comps specs. One on a 2.2 kb car and one on a whipple 2.9 car. The kb car made 570 before(stock engine w/ 18lbs on 93) and left making 635. Only change was cams and boost was lowered to 16.5. Whipple car hasn't touched the dyno yet but it got a good amount of changes so cant really compare before/after on that. However both cars drive very good. the kb car when completed drove better than my car with stock cams. I think IMO the tuning is critical.
Mine will be degreed with essentially zero overlap to make sure there will be no drivability issues. It won't chop much, but should make good top end power.

I passed on the pan because I had concerns of it rubbing on my lowered car

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
How are you installing the head studs; will the engine be in the car?

I'm debating if I should do them or not, but I really don't want to pull the engine at this time.

MalcolmV8

Established Member

I'm debating if I should do them or not, but I really don't want to pull the engine at this time.

You don’t have to pull the motor. I’ve done cars right in the engine bay. Requires tilting motor though.

Intervention302

Established Member

The engine is out of the car for cam work anyway.
Ok, good that's what I've heard. Just pull one at a time and replace in a certain pattern?
But yeah, you replace one at a time in a certain pattern and you should be fine. Hopefully haha because that's what my mechanic is going to do

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
The engine is out of the car for cam work anyway.But yeah, you replace one at a time in a certain pattern and you should be fine. Hopefully haha because that's what my mechanic is going to do

Haha awesome! You got it easy then! I'll be doing it in sub freezing temps because I love the cold -_-

Intervention302

Established Member
Exhaust came in today.

Getting excited for it all to come together
dc2651690b2699e45d9f8c4a6edbe645.jpg
c9d1984d35af5b47c40535a5377e9941.jpg
d95054d9083f4594083602f44513a885.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread