Custom Carputer Installed

Blown 89

Established Member
To be honest I haven't played with it enough to notice how it takes to fingerprints. Duayn at Motorcity said that the company doing their conversions uses the same process as mp3 car's so I assume they take to fingerprints the same. I can deal with whipping away a few fingerprints every morning, not a big deal considering the trade off. The fingerprints show a lot more in the pictures than they do in person though. I wish I could get a side by side comparison with an mp3car monitor in the same conditions. I looked at some of the reviews on mp3 car and it doesn't look like the screens are getting hammered by light as bad as mine in the outdoor pics. The lighting in pics 3, 4, and 5 look more consistent to that of the threads over there. Without having both monitors side by side it's impossible to make an accurate comparison.

Feel free to post those pics on mp3car, just make sure to include the descriptions. I didn't plan on posting them over there....to be honest I'm less than impressed with their tech sections after watching them continually flame the hell out of people looking for legit advice or suggesting new trains of thought. After looking to bounce water cooling ideas off of them and getting flogged and beaten I've steered clear of their tech forums as much as possible. My computer forums have been much more helpful in that regard.

I'm stoked, I have Saturday night and Sunday off and plan on dampening the doors and starting the bezel fabrication. I need to find some Duramix first. There are threads talking about using Locktite and JB weld products with the same results but I'm still wary about that method.

Btw,
Reuse the links, no need to rehost them unless you want to scale them down.

Last edited:

Homebrew

Established Member
I can relate to your sentiment towards the people on the boards at mp3car. Having a different opinion than the majority seems to get you flamed by the post gods. If you don't have a 1,000+ post count and disagree with the majority, all hell breaks lose. An incident with admins a couple months ago has left me a little bitter as well. In fact, this 3M film thread is the first thread I've been active in since that incident.

Users who are viewing this thread