Custom Exhaust ?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
I am thinking about having a custom mid pipe made up for my car since I cant afford the huge price for the Kooks shorty OR X
My set up is Kooks LTs with a 3" flange, then the custom x, and then 2.5" custom cat back with 1 chamber mufflers and then dumped

My thoughts for the mid pipe are should I go with just a straight pipe design or would it be best to go with a cross over design? I am hopping to find a good place to do it locally. Also do you think I could have it done for around 200 bucks?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
200? Probably not, I think it would take at least 2-3 hours because making a custom H or X is the hardest part. I would go H because it is easier to fabricate. And yes, keep the crossover, it equalizes pressure between both sides.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
buy a universal 3" x pipe kit.
+1
& the local muff shop can fab somthing up for you.the muff shop down the street from me used my old bbk x pipe cut & welded it to fit!! for a 100 bucks!!

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
i dont want to hijack, but i think my question kind of pertains to the op's:

so i shouldnt worry to just go to a good muffler shop and have them make me a custom xpipe?

without buying a kit or anything, just have them make one for me? i had checked into this earlier, and AAA in venice quoted me $150 for the xpipe including the install.

would it be as good as a name brand pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread