Custom headunit skins question

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Huh? I'm curious to how this looks. Def would like to see this as well for when I do get an aftermarket unit.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
ta da

from another thread...

Cobra-1.jpg

Tmac01baller

Established Member
a guy on the forum avic411 was making custom ones for people. he even made a few custom terminator ones for those who asked. if you asked him to make you one im sure he could do whatever you had in mind just give him a picture and let him go to work. here is a link to the thread where he was making them for people. it appears a lot of the pictures got deleted but there are still some pretty cool ones if you go through all the pages. the guy making them is blindmind3 so just send him a pm with what you want and let him do work!

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Hmm too bad i cant do this with my Excelon KVT-817DVD. Dam these head units get old fast. It reads jpgs but i dont think i can set it as a background.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Does anyone know if this can be done with the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD? I got a good price on it today and had it installed. I don't think it can, but who knows?

TRBO VNM

I have some for the Avic d3. for it to span the whole screen they should be a certain size, which I don't recall now. I got mine from the avic411 site and from a guy on here and modfords. for the avicd3 you just load them on a cd in a folder called Pictures and the naming and size of the pics are specific. then there is an option on the headunit to to change the background and take it from a cd. the only thing that stinks is if you have one of the functions on, you can't see the background. so the unit has to be off or you have to turn the display/screen off to see it.

I have a petty cool Ford Racing one and then another where it shows the world and sayings it is connecting to the satelites

shftn6

mystichrome vert.
Established Member
ive saw a head unit that i believe had working gauges on the display anyone know if they have one that really does that i am thinking about going avic z3 unless they sell one that has working guages

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
^^ That was the Avic N1 they made a few years ago. The gauges weren't really things hooked up to the car, but it showed lateral acceleration and stuff like that, more vehicle dynamics than actual ECU parameters.

Users who are viewing this thread