Custom Sub Box FS

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I hate to be "that guy" but I have the same box and paid $150 shipped brand new from pickupspecialties.com. ???

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
The one at PUS.com is not wood, it's 5/8 MDF (the same stuff that a million other sub boxes are made of, custom and pre-made) and then coated with urethane... and you can lighten up, I was simply making a statement. If you don't want people posting comments, don't list your crap on a public forum. Enough said.

PB-F-2-10.gif

So tell me, what is this "professional" construction material that is "not wood?" You can cover it with whatever you want, it's still made of either wood or a derivative of wood. But being the good sport that I am, here's another TTT for you and good luck ;-)

Last edited:

TXLIGHTNING

Established Member
from an audio guy....there is no comparison in the quality of a custom fabricated box and a pre-fab box......the quality is no where close to being the same.....custom built is the way to get a better look and a better sound....every woofer has certain parameters that it calls for to optimize its potential and the only way to utilize that is to build a custom enclosure......just my .02

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I was not disputing that custom is better. I just thought that the one above looked VERY similar to the one I got from P/U spec.com other than a custom cover. I was just trying to get out of the seller, what the differences may have been. He then took my comment personal and wanted to go a different route with it. That leads me to believe that I was correct and that he got upset because he was called on it. I very well could be wrong on that, but that's what I get from the reaction that he threw out there.
I didn't mean for it to get personal, I just wanted him to explain why his box was worth $200 when the one I got, which looks EXACTLY the same and has EXACTLY the same dimensions, was on $150 shipped brand new.

If I am wrong in my assumptions than that should only help the sellers ad by showing potential buyers why the extra $50 is worth it. If I'm right then I think it's a down right dirty thing to do, to try to sell a box as something that it's not and for more than it cost in the first place. If that's the case, I'm glad that I could help any potential buyers avoid being rooked.
Eitherway, it's nothing personal. It's a public forum.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yeah troll :rolleyes:
Why am I troll, because I called you on your BS? Your a crook you tool. :burn:
It's very convenient that you removed the picture of your "custom" box as well. But yeah, I'm the troll...

Can you say OWNED!!! :pepper:

Last edited:

JayL

Established Member
I don't really see what your issue is? How many times must I tell you that the box I sold was not one of those proboxes. I know all about them, I used to have one prior to this box and that's why I think they're junk and didn't want anyone to think that was what I was selling because it isn't. The dimensions for this style of box are going to be similar for our trucks, what do you think be based this box off of? That's about all probox got right with their boxes. And by the way, when I sold my old probox I only was able to get $50 for it. Perhaps the new owner of it will get on here when he gets it and give his opinion of it. Neither one of us is going to agree, that's the only thing this whole thread has accomplished. Have a nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread