Custom Tune on Dyno vs. mail order Predator or SCT Flasher? Help me decide

Confucius

Established Member
I can get a custom tune on a dyno with either diablo revolution chip or the new superchip. My question to you guys is would I see about the same amount of power gains from reputable mail order/e-mail tune from Amazon or RWTD as opposed to a custom chip? I really like the monitoring capabilities that the predator has i.e. you can log your driving and see whats going on. With a chip you cant. What would you do? I am asking the people that have had experience with both. Thanks

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Get the superchips flasher, this seems to be the most popular tuner for mail order tunes AND dyno tuning. Rick at Amazon does some great mail order tunes, if you buy the flasher from them, they include the custom flash per your mods for only $25. So it comes to about $425.

Confucius

Established Member
I was on the superchips web site and it did not give me that much info on the flasher. Can you elaborate? Why the flasher over the predator?

x14

Established Member
If you are looking for a Superchips Custome Tuning. Go here http://www.sctflash.com/main.php

Here's what I see about the flash tuner custom tune versus a performance shop dyno tune.

With a dyno tune the performance shop will charge you around $500 or so to tune your car which would most likely include dyno time. The shop doing the tuning has your original ECM program. They may or may not charge you to restore the original program, the first restore may be free. The shop will probably give you a better tune. It is more efficient than you e-mailing dyno result to get a new tune. Every time you install something and want a new tune you will have to pay.

I like the flash tuner because at any time I can restore my car's original programming. Places like RWTD and Amazon Racing offer unlimited custom tune but you have to pay for dyno time.

Either way you have to pay...

Users who are viewing this thread