custom tunes??

4camgt

Bleeding blue since 76'
Established Member
hi everyone, my question is how much more can i expect from a custome tune?? and i dont beleive i have one because im sure i would have gotten charged for it:lol1

i have 97gt/98 cobra swap, with now a mmr stroker950, flat tops 11:1 cr their racing oil pump, and windage tray...other mods shorty headers, offroad x, mac muffs, c&l cai, 3:73, alum driveshaft... srry for the laundry list. im putting down 298/300 on the dyno.(right after motor was put together)

and what mods should i go for next?? some advice or input would be great, i always see alot of great feedback on these boards:read:

p.s. please dont beat me up for getting a stroker( i know alot of people are not a fan:shrug:)

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I would have the car dyno tuned by a professional. It will cost a bit more but you will get the max out of it and will be safer than most custom mail order tunes.

tt54l32v

Established Member
hi everyone, my question is how much more can i expect from a custome tune?? and i dont beleive i have one because im sure i would have gotten charged for it:lol1

i have 97gt/98 cobra swap, with now a mmr stroker950, flat tops 11:1 cr their racing oil pump, and windage tray...other mods shorty headers, offroad x, mac muffs, c&l cai, 3:73, alum driveshaft... srry for the laundry list. im putting down 298/300 on the dyno.(right after motor was put together)

and what mods should i go for next?? some advice or input would be great, i always see alot of great feedback on these boards:read:

p.s. please dont beat me up for getting a stroker( i know alot of people are not a fan:shrug:)

what heads do you have by the way

4camgt

Bleeding blue since 76'
Established Member
short runner and 4.30 long tubes if allowed
short runner is def my next option, i heard theres a couple guys in here that do that. im sure long tubes will be fine im still running a florida plate in va for now lol. gears..i feel 4.30 are a bit much for highway driving..just my 2 cents :shrug:

I would have the car dyno tuned by a professional. It will cost a bit more but you will get the max out of it and will be safer than most custom mail order tunes.
this is what i wanna do, just dont know whats involved what i have to buy and how much hp im really gonna get for the money???

what heads do you have by the way
just the factory b-heads(98 cobra parts)

tt54l32v

Established Member
trust me 4.30 is not to much gear it will make as much a diff as anything else you have done.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I picked up 4 tenths in the 1/8 mile from 4.30s and 555Rs. And highway driving isn't that bad at all. If you're too worried, then go 4.10 but I personally love my 4.30s

BCP

Established Member
+1 on the 4.30's. I drive from southern Md to DC everyday with them in my 97. Switched from 3.73's, and the car is way better to drive and quicker too.

Users who are viewing this thread