Cut off date for crome wheel letter.

CanyonOne

Established Member
The dealership I bought the Cobra at said that if bought the car after Feb. 28, 03 you would not get the special crome wheel deal. No matter when the car was produced. Does any body have more info on this?

CanyonOne

Established Member
I called SVT. Feb 28 03 was the cut off date. Any one have some idea's to get around this cut off date?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
maybe you can find someone who bought theirs earlier than Feb 28th who doesn't want the chromes and you could work out a deal with them...

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Feb. 28th was the cutoff date for the letter. At that point, supposively, you could get the Chrome wheels with your car if you ordered it without the delay people were seeing during earlier times. In other words, if you bought your car off the dealers lot, after 28th Feb., and didn't specify chrome wheels in your deal, then you couldn't play dumb like us earlier guys and get the wheels at option price until OCT(I think is the cutoff for letter holders). This is JMHO.......

robhmaurer

Established Member
I bought my car in Mid January. The lady at the parts counter wanted my vin #. She calls me back a day later and told me i did not qualify for the chromes. She said I would have to pay $930 plus installation and not pay me a cent for trading my current ones in??????? She origionally told me that it was $930 plus they would credit me $260 for mine and i had a free install. Can anyone clarify????

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
$935 is the cost to us for the Chrome's and keeping the stockers. Why they want give you credit for your stockers is beyond me. I thought the cutoff was 28th Feb. I think the dealer is boning you. Call SVT and see what they say. I think you'll find your answer there. Be sure to get a name if you can. You also may get a letter from Ford about the Chrome wheels, if so, thats your amunition...

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by robhmaurer
I bought my car in Mid January. The lady at the parts counter wanted my vin #. She calls me back a day later and told me i did not qualify for the chromes. She said I would have to pay $930 plus installation and not pay me a cent for trading my current ones in??????? She origionally told me that it was $930 plus they would credit me $260 for mine and i had a free install. Can anyone clarify????

The cost for the chrome wheels and to keep the original wheels is $935.00 plus tax. They also give you a credit of $75.00 to hopefully cover mounting and balance. I have my original wheels and tires taken off my car and along with the new chrome wheels I picked up a couple of weeks ago will be taking them to my dealer tomorrow to have them changed over. I was going to take the car to them but its been snowing on and off all day today so I know the roads tomorrow will still be a mess and I'm not driving my car in that stuff.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
robhmaurer

That is BS!

I purchased mine on Jan 15, My selling dealer is ordering my wheels and installing them with out a letter. They have the letter with the dates 11/30/02 to -2/28/03. $76 rebate for mounting and balance and I believe they told me $661 with trade.

predator

Established Member
I had been tracking this thread and decided to try getting my chromies. I had contacted SVT to get the scoop on the letter. I had to educate my selling dealer parts dept on the SVT program. Since they were not local I tried to get my wheels without the letter from a local SVT dealer....no go. Big hassel. I went back to the selling dealer, without a letter, talk to parts dept and gave my VIN and they ordered them for me anyway. Bottom line.....selling dealer can verify you and your VIN with SVT and order your wheels with no problem should they choose to. I am waiting for mine now.

predator

Established Member
BTW.....I bought my beast in Jan......the deal for the wheels was as the rest of the guys already explained as far as cost, trade in, install credit, etc. FYI....bring your own chrome stems if you want them and make sure they balance them the way you want...i.e. weights on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread