Cut outs installed, pics inside

CrazyAsian

Established Member
Well I finally got the cut outs installed and they fit right in, just had to trim the cut outs down a bit.

For those that like the pure "holy shnikies" effect of straights, but also drive high way and don't like the drone, this is a must do.

5542027-4920-028001E0-.jpg

5542039-8159-028001E0-.jpg

5542065-45b8-028001E0-.jpg

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Hey Roger - any thoughts on moving the covers out to the side somewhere so you don't have to crawl under the truck to take the covers off?

CrazyAsian

Established Member
Rick, putting on the plates doesn't really require you to get under, just get on the passenger side and stick your head and arm under. My truck is lowered 2 inches in the rear and I have quite a fat head and I fit nicely :). I have looked into an electronic remote opening cut out but they are quite expensive, around 250-300 a peice and the manual one that uses a cable is 2 inches in diameter while our plumbing is 2.5 inch. Plus the space to work with is very limited.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Where did you pick those up? It might be interesting to try a set of those when I change out the 12568 for the 12468.

TimBurntire

Established Member
I put those on my truck when I first changed the exhaust. Really cool to do a run at the track. WOT is amazing.......but........I ran slower times with them open than I did with them closed.............soooooo.......I took them off and put in an x-pipe. Much faster!

Tim

J15BIG

Established Member
Hey, I dont want to sound stupid but what do the cut outs do? Are they for sound or are they for performance or both? From what I can tell they are fo performance because it says for race use only on summits website. How much of an increase in hp and/or 1/4 mile times do you get?

thanks for the info

J15BIG

Established Member
Cut-outs with dash control cable

Have you seen the cut-outs that JCWhiteny sells that have a 5-foot dash control cable? There also 5 bucks cheaper. Is there something bad about these or did you just not know about them?

kylightning

Established Member
i am really considering getting these cut outs but i was thinking....

is it possible for them to lean out the engine or cause any other damage to it?

crazyasian- did you install them yourself?

i went to check how much to install them, $120 to install them side by side infront of the muffler or $90 to install them like your set up- to hell with that - i have a mig and i will do it myself for that kind of coin.

Last edited:

CrazyAsian

Established Member
Ky, I asked JL if the distance from the opening to the O2 sensor would cause a problem and he said no and I have no seen any problem. And I had them installed for 70.

kylightning

Established Member
just got them put them on today.
The guy moved my muffler back and placed them side by side in front the muffler.
i was really pleased with the results.
oh and the sound difference-holy sh@t, she will scream now.
as far as power gain/loss, i have not gotten on it, i was in traffic.
wow

kylightning

Established Member
crazyasian-
yes i punched from a stop-when it went through 2-3-4 and then 5 grand. amazing

the sound was unreal, sounds like open headers , she will scream. and the look on peoples faces at red light take offs
hehe

the only probem is i can't hear the tires spinning now.lol

as soon as i sell my stereo box i am going to get the upper pulley kit and a flip chip.

kevin

Users who are viewing this thread