Cuting Springs ?

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
I have steeda sports, I don't think it will lower my car as much as I whould like. I was thinking of cuting a coil off, where do you cut at?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
If you ever go to cut a spring, ONLY do it in incriments of 1/2 a coil. Anything else will mess up the balance or something and it'll ride like SHIT. I plan on cutting a half coil off my Eibach Pro-kit, but it's kinda more of a free mod, and I plan on replacing the springs with H&R's sometime this summer. This is only going to be temporary. If you plan on keeping your Stang that way, then just buy lowering springs with more of a drop (Sportlines, SS's, maybe even Coilovers..?)

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I think I have some cut springs and I will agree that it is dangerous. You will probably regret it after a while. I almost wrecked my car once because of it. I hit a mild bump at about sixty and flew all over the road. My girlfriend can't sleep in my car cuz It's so bumpy. All of the noise and the rough ride have started to bug the hell out of me.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
General question, how harsh is the ride difference between the eibach Pro-Kit and Sportlines? I want a significant drop but don't want to rattle my car to pieces.

bobbys97r

Established Member
Gringo185 said:
Just springs? Or shocks/struts/etc? How's the ride quality?

Ive got eibach sportlines, tokico adjustable struts and CC plates thats all.

Ive never ridden on a pro kit but the ride on the sportlines suck ass but you cant beat the stance it looks so bad ass it will make your car stand out so much

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread