cutting out at low rpm

TLush

Established Member
What would cause the motor to cut out at low rpms (Below 2000)? In happens when I accelerate from a slow speed with out downshifting (Like when a car turns on a side street and you speed back up to 35 mph):shrug:

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by TLush
What would cause the motor to cut out at low rpms (Below 2000)? In happens when I accelerate from a slow speed with out downshifting (Like when a car turns on a side street and you speed back up to 35 mph):shrug:

I didn't notice a stall, but a similar bucking when accelerating below 2000 rpms and not downshifting when I installed a MAC CAI. I noticed you don't have an intake setup, but maybe you forgot to add it in your sig?

Also when I installed my MAC CAI, my A/F went pig rich. Not sure if the bucking occured from running way too rich or from the design of the CAI, but when my A/F was leaned out, the bucking was greatly decreased. Maybe you are running rich off the scale and maybe this could cause the cutout. Not sure about this though.

Dean

Last edited:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
mines doing it to so if you figure it out let me know, all i can come up with is that my clutch is slipping

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
yeah thats not what mine is doing, cause it doesnt miss or seem to lose anything just kind of jerks a little at low rpm, does yours actually feel like the engine cuts off? maybe just a fuel filter, i did mine a while back because at a steady rpm, it would just kind of drop rpm for a split second and come back to where i had it, so i replaced the fuel filter and it stopped, now I got this other problem

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
If it is really rich, then that could be atleast part of the problem. Had a similar problem, little tuning solved mine.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
hmmm, my car is running really rich, I can smell it, I wonder if that would cause the problem I am having, but would it cause it to jerk around in low rpm, say im in 4th going 35 and i push the gas and it starts to jerk until it gets going??

TLush

Established Member
Twice about 10,000 mi apart it wouldn't start. I finally got it to start by cleaning the plugs, then replacing them. Could the coils be breaking down causing low voltage or could the wires be going bad?(it has about 60,000 mi on it now)

Users who are viewing this thread