cutting out rear cats?

03stx

Established Member
Is there any cons to taking out the rear two cats on the stock mids and just welding in some pipe in their place? Is this not recomended? Or would you recomend just saving up more for some maggy mids or bassani mids? I don't want it extremely loud, that is why i was thinking about only cutting out the two rear cats.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
you can cut them out & get some more sound. their's no gain in HP but it sounds alot better. it also might need a retuned chip or MIL ELIMINATORS TO TURN OF THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OFF, if it turns on.

Last edited:

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
I went to a muffler shop today and the guy told me that The check engine light will not turn on. He just took them off out of another L and he said the light hasn;t turn on. But its better to get the simulators. Thats what i'm going to do

Lightningfr

Banned
SVT RELAMPAGO said:
I went to a muffler shop today and the guy told me that The check engine light will not turn on. He just took them off out of another L and he said the light hasn;t turn on. But its better to get the simulators. Thats what i'm going to do

thats :bs: no muffler shop in calif can let you leave there shop if your driving out and you have no cats...

Lightningfr

Banned
haha funny to hear that..
they get a huge ass fine and jail time if they get cought
my uncle spent 2 months in jail and 30k fine

he never did it agian :lol:

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
yeah they should'nt but i know them from a while back so they dont care about that shit. Its the same as those shops that let you pass smog.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Im on stock manifolds, 2 front cats with custom mid-pipes, and magnaflow. Definitely raspier and louder.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
nicktoney said:
what if all 4 were done away with? i dont have shit to pass for emissions and love to break eardrums...

I did that on my L with a Borla Cat-back. Was loud as hell!!! I loved every minute of it but I would suggest some sound deadner inside to you can still ride in comfort.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I have 0 Cat's. Love the sound. I set off car alarms everytime I start the truck up. All my neighbors get woke up early when I leave for work in the morning.
You can get rid of the Check Engine Light by going into an Xcal2 or Predator and turning off the rear O2 Sensor I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread