Cutting season

brandon333

Out of commission
Established Member
It's that time of year cutting season. Time for the boring diets and no junk or alcohol. Anybody else joining me in getting ripped for the summer?

jenkins_1120

Established Member
i will be, nothing else to do here in afghan work and go to the gym. you got a workout plan? or any supplements your going to take?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I started a few weeks ago as well BUT I am a cyclist - Averaging 40 plus miles per ride now

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Nope. I just do my normal routine and eat what I want (which is usually fairly healthy anyway). The results are what they are.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
+1 ^ although I need to cut out the after dinner unhealthy snacking. Damn cookies

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I'm about to start a 2300 calorie diet. Focusing on my macros

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm an ectomorph and as such always struggled to maintain weight. I was teased pretty severely in junior high and high school for being skinny which led to some confidence issues around that age. Several years back I put a ton of effort into diet and strength training. I was able to put on a solid 15-20 lbs of muscle and really started to get my confidence back. Unfortunately, the amount of time and energy it took me to accomplish and maintain that destroyed a lot of my relationships. So I don't anymore. I've increased my calorie intake to a sustainable level so I'm not overly skinny and I bike ride. Otherwise I stay out of the gym for the sake of my own sanity.

brandon333

Out of commission
Established Member
i will be, nothing else to do here in afghan work and go to the gym. you got a workout plan? or any supplements your going to take?

I was gonna take on that muscle pharm get swole workout because ive heard it's absolutely insane! My supps right now are noxipro for my preworkout, after I mix a scoop of muscle pharm recon with creatine, and then before I go to bed I'll take a scoop or two of GABA powder to help sleep better. I don't really take protein shakes anymore because I eat close to my weight in protein. How's the gym over there?

brandon333

Out of commission
Established Member
I need to. been working out 20 years and never done the cutting thing. Isn't mostly just diet? what do I need to eat or not eat?

Yes sir. That's like 85-90 percent of the cutting phase is in the kitchen. Try to stay away from processed foods and junk as often as you can. You can still give yourself a day to eat a cheat meal during the week. I usually eat chicken breast with either beans or brown rice and some veggies. That meal is interchangeable with turkey and lean cuts of red meat. It's kinda hard at first because your used to what you eat on a daily basis but after the first two or three weeks it gets easy

brandon333

Out of commission
Established Member
Nope. I just do my normal routine and eat what I want (which is usually fairly healthy anyway). The results are what they are.

That's awesome that you keep a good diet year round. Wish I could do that but come time holiday season you know what happens...

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
i'm w/ ya OP.. just started my cut on Monday. i eat healthy year round so the types of foods i eat doesn't change but the amount and frequency does.

side note: my cheat meal this week is gonna be Steak&Shake frisco melt w/ chilli :dancenana:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll eat healthier, but hate doing cardio.

Finally got back on a consistent workout plan now, barring another setback from my knee.

Trying to get back to around 8% BF.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
How am I supposed to get cut for summer when I come home for lunch to this.
I specifically told my wife to start making lite meals for my summer cut and this is what she makes.

I'm bulked up to a svelt 252.

168EA037-2299-48F3-9B3A-FF6A6267C1BA.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm in. Started about two months ago.... down from 214 to 200.

I wish I would've discovered eating healthy during college football; my gains would have been so much better. Not only have I lost some weight, but all of my lifts have gone up considerably.

I focus on a protein rich diet. Daily routine: iX3 preworkout in the morning (5am) before the gym (BEST Pre Workout I have ever taken), protein shake (45g), 4 egg whites, orange juice and a banana after workout. Protein shake (30g) at 10:30. Two chick breasts, asparagus, broccoli and string cheese for lunch. A protein bar (15g) in the afternoon. 2 chicken breasts, green beans, and a variation of fruits.

Snacks throughout the day as need be. I don't really have a cheat day, because I don't really crave any 'bad' foods.

But really anyone that is bored with their preworkout, give iX3 a shot. I've had NO Xplode, C4, Black Powder, Super Pump, Nano Vapor, etc. Nothing compares. Website link.

Users who are viewing this thread