cutting the stock springs???

cobralove90

Established Member
i was wondering if the stock springs are strong enough to cut and hold there height with out probs, i know cutting other springs with unwrap over time, are the 03-04 cobra springs stronger, i know some guys that did it and havent had probs with it, someone help

Ray Lucca

Established Member
No worries, I put some low mileage Coupe Springs on my Vert., and cut 1/2 coil per spring. Did it almost 2 years ago, no problems. Bought them used from the Market section.

gatty1303

Established Member
did mine a while back and so far so good....there is a pretty good write up on here in the how to sections it...just search

945LSTANG

Established Member
there are no problems with cutting springs. i cut 3/4 coil all around a couple of weeks ago. i was also VERY surprised that the ride quality is exactly the same. here's a cell phone pic...

IMG00029-20100404-1813.jpg

quicksig

Banned
...not to steal the thread but how much more or less would you have to cut 'vert springs to match a coupe? about to buy a sonic blue '03 'vert with a HUGE factory gap over the rear tires, not as bad up front...

cobralove90

Established Member
na man u can ask, but u helped me out there to i hate the factory height in the rear, looks like the car is on jacks gettin worked on lol

Users who are viewing this thread