Cylinder head temp readings and fan speed

mtrsprt

Established Member
Can anyone tell me what they remember their CHT (cylinder head temperatures) readings being just daily driving .. Also at what CHT's does the low speed fan seem to come on?

svt1111

Established Member
Cory-

I datalogged CHT's with my 2011 and your blower. I had the Reicsche 170 degree T-stat.

Normal driving CHT's were 195. WOT blast on the highway for 5-10 seconds temps were 205-212. The fan is a variable speed system (via ECU commands) so technically there isn't a "low speed" setting to concern yourself with.

I discussed this issue of CHT's with other 5.0 owners and they all reported the same as what I posted above, and these cars were Roush blown cars as well.

I never datalogged CHT before the 170 T-stat though, so I was a little surprised the readings were so high. My findings all concluded that CHT and ECT are two distinct and separate readings and although the CHT's fluctuate a lot and rise and lower quickly, it is not a true representation of your actual water temps.

I did a lot of homework on this when I had the blower on my 2011, because I was skeptical about the Procharger supplied fan producing enough CFM, but it in fact is sufficient indeed.

Muzner

Established Member
I have noticed that mine was 210+ during daily driving but most of the time it hovers between 195 to 205.

Users who are viewing this thread