d1sc vs Novi 2000

02Toner

Established Member
Ok, I have an 02 gt with a teksid block with forged internals and bullet stage 2 nitrous/blower cams and fully ported heads. So my question is which one of these blowers is better for street use? My car will see the track, but more street, so I want something where the power will come on a little sooner. The reason I don't want a KenneBell is just because of price. You can pick up a Novi or D1sc all day for around 3000$. My goal is 600rwhp+ the car is built ready to give some cobras a run for there money :banana:. Haha.

But seriously any Pros and Cons on either the D1sc Procharger or Novi 2000 will be appreciated. Any comments welcome!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you still have to buy the intercoolers seperate for the Novi's? The main reason I went with the D1 is it's self contained, so I didn't have to punch the oil pan. And it comes with an intercooler. But other then that, they will both do what you want. It'll just depend on what kind of deal you find.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't know that I'd say the Novi has buttloads more potential. The D1 seems to support 600hp just as well as the Novi. How does the Novi have a cooler air charge then the D1?

01yellercobra

Established Member
when's the last time you saw a d1sc make more than 650?

I'm closeto 600 at 14psi. The numbers in my sig were at 12psi. 650 is well within my range. A guy locally is running a Novi and making 610 or 620 at 22psi. They are both capable of doing what the OP wants.

Last edited:

02Toner

Established Member
I'm closeto 600 at 14psi. The numbers in my sig were at 12psi. 650 is well within my range. A guy locally is running a Novi and making 610 or 620 at 22psi. They are both capable of doing what the OP wants.

What is the most psi people are running safely on 93 octane? Because if you could run 20ish psi you could see some serious power.

Also, does anybody know if the power comes in around the same rpm in both blowers?

blumnday99

Established Member
What car/mods do you have?

2003 Mach w/ 1 forged engine with Crower stage 2 cams, bassani short headers, bassani high flow catted-x, magnaflow exhaust. Cobra tanks + pumps + BAP + Fore rails and larger fuel lines.

Fuel pumps are at about 92% at redline so I need to upgrade the pumps before turning up the boost some more, but that might be a while since it's my DD.

harvboi05

Established Member
What is the most psi people are running safely on 93 octane? Because if you could run 20ish psi you could see some serious power.

Also, does anybody know if the power comes in around the same rpm in both blowers?

i dont have any datalogs of psi vs rpm, but from what ive noticed by eye, my car starts positive pressure by around 3k. the butt dyno can tell something is going on by about 4k rpm, ha.

harvboi05

Established Member
theyre probly very comparable.

i want to make 650ish when i rebuild it, and i wanted a conventional oil system, so i went with the novi. i prefer the bracket design of the paxton kit too. every procharger ive ever heard was very loud too, i wanted something quieter. i kinda painted myself into a corner in regards to options.

02Toner

Established Member
Thank you for all the information, seems they are pretty comparable blowers. I guess it's really a toss up.

Blumnday how loud would you say your d 1sc is? I don't want something so ignorantly loud I can't think, but I wouldn't mind a nice whine.

harvboi05

Established Member
novi is rated at 92lb/min i believe. not much lower than an F1a. the D1 is definitely smaller than a Novi 2k.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
hmm. . . I don't know about that. lol. But how about your t-trim? How do you like it? Is it comparable to the d 1sc and novi 2k?

I like my t-trim but out of those two blowers listed it's definatley the smaller of all of them.. But I do love it.. It makes great power and with my new build that you can read in my sig I'm looking at around 650rwhp at 17psi which is very decent.. A blower that is more comparable would be the JT-trim.. The Novi 2k it definatley a bigger blower and can be compared to a F1A blower from procharger for sure.. The D1sc is a very nice blower though.. But here is how I look at it.. A blower will last longer if you have room to spare. For instance, if you have a D1sc and spinning it to it's max rpm to make 650rwhp that is fine and dandy but it'll wear and tear faster than lets say an F1A blower spinning a bit slower than it's max RPM but still in its effeciency range.. Does that make sense lol.

Users who are viewing this thread