Dads new toy, the M Roadster

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
My dad just purchased this gem a couple of weeks ago and has me loving this car. BMW did it right with the M Roadster, beautiful Estoril Blue. I did a little editing with my phone on these pictures. I hope they turned out ok.
photo 5 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr photo 4 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr
photo 3 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr
photo 1 by Ben Bailey, on Flickr
photo by Ben Bailey, on Flickr

The pictures blown up as opposed to my phone are a little off, they do need to be darker. I want an M now...

Extremite

Established Member
Those shots were taken at the Zentrum and Performance Center...very cool. I'm glad that both of you are enjoying that vehicle. The Z3 was such a better driver's car than the Z4. Estoril Blue is definitely the best color choice for that car as well.

But yeah...S52 or S54? If you don't know, just find out what year it is.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Thank you guys, it is an S52 2000 M Roadster with 240 hp, the S54 had 315 hp. Dad lives 15 minutes from the Performance Center and he was over there for lunch last week. I am stationed in Louisiana, which means I have only seen pictures and heard stories:(. Dad said there were a few rock scratches and other than that the car is clean. Interior and exterior are near perfect and this M Roadster only has a tad over 80k on the clock and only one previous owner.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Very nice Z3 was my favorite car when I was younger (hard to believe the originals were 20 years ago). Always wanted one, would love to cruise on the shore with the top down in one.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
My parents have the Z3 3.0I roadster, fun little car, but damn those things are small, low to the ground, and offer you zero protection.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My stepdad has a 98 M Roadster in silver with 16k miles. He doesn't drive it much. HRE wheels, some Italian exhaust and a tune. Pretty fun little car.

I had an 08 Z4 M Coupe (Black) for a while. Amazing car!! :beer:

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
My stepdad has a 98 M Roadster in silver with 16k miles. He doesn't drive it much. HRE wheels, some Italian exhaust and a tune. Pretty fun little car.

I had an 08 Z4 M Coupe (Black) for a while. Amazing car!! :beer:

I always wanted to drive a Z4 M and compare it to my E46 M .....Have u driven both?

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Thank you everyone, this M Roadster is sweet. The Z4 M's are nice too, I haven't seen many of them. Back in 2003 my father did PCD with an '03 Laguna Seca Blue M3 and that car was amazing. The power, color, and aggressive styling made M3 a great memory of my childhood. I guess my father just wanted back into an M when he was looking for a toy and a cruiser car. Him getting one makes me want to get an M haha:).

Users who are viewing this thread