dad's vette, what's it worth ?

nxhappy

Established Member
well my pops is selling his vette. Son of a bitch just bought a Maserati to sit next to his other Vipers :eek:

the vette is a 2001, (not z06) low miles 23k, clean title all original, 9/10 on everything, it's black

I booked it, I am thinking 15-17k .....but what is a good realistic starting point? would rather have a quick sale and not have it sit around the ****ing house....also hit me up if you want to buy ;)

lastcall190

Established Member
Buddy of mine sold his Dad's 2002 (01?) a few years back, similar specs besides being Silver and having Corsa. I'll edit this post if he responds. Granted it's now been a couple years but who knows maybe it's relevant. I feel as if that car was out near my neck of the woods for 15k with 23k miles on it, would probably sell quick. Considering guys are asking 13k or more for 2002 WS6 cars, the vette seems like a better deal... Good luck.

-J

EDIT: I didn't realize it was now 10 years ago almost that he sold it, 02 with 30k sold for 24k or so. That number is not relevant now I'd say.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
after seeing some prices I am thinking 18-19k ....

Black2010

Established Member
My father in law sold his 01 about 6 months ago. Took a while to sell but it finally sold for $19K. It was immaculate with about 15K miles on it. For a quick sell I'm thinking $17k-$19K since you are in California.

nxhappy

Established Member
My father in law sold his 01 about 6 months ago. Took a while to sell but it finally sold for $19K. It was immaculate with about 15K miles on it. For a quick sell I'm thinking $17k-$19K since you are in California.

good to know

Recon

Established Member
I think that's a fair price for the car. One thing awesome about the C5 is their incredible fuel economy. Wish my Roush got that mileage!

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
what trans? M6 car will bring more... auto cars of that generation were incredibly boring.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't consider a stock A4 C5 coupe a desirable corvette for the hobbyist and the majority of old geezer vette owners will opt for a new C7; therefore, the market is pretty soft for your dad's car. The FRC/Z06 platform is what draws the hobbyist (at least from what I've seen). If someone looks, they can find a clean Z06 for low, low $20k. Sure, there are some people who prefer the an auto and thus won't consider the Z06 but they're the exception. I think the car will sit at $18.9k for a while. Good luck.

nxhappy

Established Member
always start high, work your way down. It's not rocket science lol I've sold tons of cars. Look at the Ebay "sold" market that will show what they go for...

nxhappy

Established Member
I wouldn't consider a stock A4 C5 coupe a desirable corvette for the hobbyist and the majority of old geezer vette owners will opt for a new C7; therefore, the market is pretty soft for your dad's car. The FRC/Z06 platform is what draws the hobbyist (at least from what I've seen). If someone looks, they can find a clean Z06 for low, low $20k. Sure, there are some people who prefer the an auto and thus won't consider the Z06 but they're the exception. I think the car will sit at $18.9k for a while. Good luck.

Not necessarily. Both my dad and my uncle love the C5s. May dad has 2 Vipers and he still opted to drive the C5 for a little while. It's decently fast and gets great MPG. Not to mention it's easier to sell cheap cars. Once you crack 30 grand the car becomes harder to sell. Like I said if I don't get any bites I'll drop it little by little.

Users who are viewing this thread