• Other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I recently got a new job which has an 85 mile commute one way. I only work four days a week but it still adds up. My current daily is 2010 honda civic but my son is fixing to need a car which has me in a situation. I can't drive the Raptor to work cause it would cost me around $600/month in gas. The cobra is too old and has too many miles on it for me to feel comfortable commuting in it. I'm torn between buying my son a beater and keep driving the civic or giving my son the civic and buying me something that's newer and more comfortable. Any suggestions?
Remove your son’s needs from the equation. Does he need a car, can he buy one himself, is he living at home. It sounds like you’re the bread winner, so your needs pre-empt his.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Give him the Raptor lol.

Civic paid off? What's your budget if you got another car to commute?

whyxitx

Established Member
I'll be in the same boat here shortly. I'll be driving 100 miles round trip-ish here in the next month . I'm looking into the Subaru BRZs.. fun little cars that get 32+ on the highway. I have a 04' Forester XT and a 97' Cobra and neither of those hit 20 on the highway.

nxhappy

Established Member
make your son buy his own car. It's a great life lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread