Daily Driver opinions

mgallo13

Established Member
so im in a bit of a dilemma. i own and run my 2001 4.0L wrangler and i love it, but getting less than 200 miles a tank is really killing me. and my skis don't even fit in it :)bs:). im just looking to get some opinions on what you all would pay (assuming you were in the market for a wrangler/wanted one).

then, what are some ideas that i could replace it with within the price i sell the wrangler for? im pretty open to anything, cars or trucks doesn't matter. i was thinking subaru impreza 2.5i but i honestly don't know too much about them and just need to hear some opinions other than my own.

i'm holding off on getting the mustang because im having the 2011+/2015 debate now that the s550 debuted and cant afford either at this moment.

wrangler specs:
2001 wrangler 60th anniversary addition
111,xxx miles
4.0L 5 spd
30 inch tires with full size spare
interior 8/10
exterior 7/10 --> some rust on the front fenders and small cracks in the hood paint.

thanks for the help guys.

99GreenCobra

Established Member
In our area I'm sure $8000 give or take. Jeeps always seem to do ok for resale. Especially if it's close to stock.

Rav4? I'm driving a 2007 right now. It's almost 300hp and gets 25mpg or better. And I can take my wife two sets of long xc skis, jr and jr's chariot up the hill. Also I can fit three adults and two big dogs and jr and all my ice fishing gear. Would be even better if I used the racks on the roof. I feel your pain about 2 door jeeps. I had an 08 for three years. Was great when I was single with one dog lol. The first gen ravs were great too. Little more econo box feeling. But great reliability and mileage.

Last edited:

96 cobra

Established Member
I've been looking for a wrangler for over a year, and have yet to see a reasonably priced one. For laughs, check out the classified section of jeepforum.

Maybe check out subaru outbacks? Awd, cheap & plenty of room...

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Get a 4 door Wrangler with the Willys Wheeler pack. It has manual windows and locks but better axles and Rubicon wheels.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Honda CR-V. GF has a 2008 she bought new & has 112k miles on it now. It has been rock solid. I'm hoping I can get it as my beater when she is done with it lol.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I have an '05 Subaru Forester that has been nothing but awesome. AWD, decent interior space (as long as you aren't north of 275 lbs), and great gas mileage. Runs on 87 too, first car I've had that doesn't take 93 in a loooong time, forgot how much cheaper it is!

mgallo13

Established Member
I have an '05 Subaru Forester that has been nothing but awesome. AWD, decent interior space (as long as you aren't north of 275 lbs), and great gas mileage. Runs on 87 too, first car I've had that doesn't take 93 in a loooong time, forgot how much cheaper it is!

how are the foresters on gas? what years/motors/whatever should i stay away from?

Users who are viewing this thread