Daily driver SUV with over 70mpg 4x4

mustangbee

Established Member
20180119_124633.jpg

open-22.jpg

OUTLANDER Hybrid

I actually averaged over 85mpg over my two-day test drive during a variety of driving, short trips and two long stretches. It's plugin hybrid with a 100k warranty 4x4. I won't be spending much money on electricity either. There are two free charge stations by my house that have "quick chargers" 25 min for a near full charge. You can also charge at home.

The range for the all electric mode was about 26 miles for me, then is switched to a hybrid mode. The brakes recharge the battery once you're out on the road. On the longer highway stretch, I did 39mpg with very little battery power to assist.

The ride is pretty smooth, the power is peppy from 0-40mph, but after that it's average. The dealer already told me they go as low as 31k brand new with a 5k rebate on taxes(which I can use). I needed an SUV anyway, and just want to make an economical choice with some extras, nothing too fancy or beautiful, but I like the way it looks in person.

At the end of my test drive I felt it was well worth the money, nothing amazing, but a solid all-rounder with really good mpg. Amazing for an SUV. I tried to replicate my normal driving patterns on the test drive and I could see myself doing over 100mpg once I figure it out better.

Thoughts? Anyone else own one? They're pretty new in the US. I ran into another one of these at a charge station and the guy said he's used two tanks of gas since December! Everything else has been free charging. Daily driver. lol

Another thing is a best seller in Europe I found out.

mustangbee

Established Member
Plus the whole hybrid battery production ruining the environment thing.

Yep. Im betting during the end days the people of the world will point out hybrid batteries as the culprit, not the previous decades of negligence. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread