Dallas Area GTG 8/15~8/16- Tech Talk

Bingo13

Established Member
So is anything going on this weekend?

1. Do we need tech inspections before TWS. ;-)
2. Will some of us even have a Cobra after this week?
3. Can Coleman break into the 13s with the KB at Ennis?

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
I'm in for whatever friday at ennis but saturday i think i have work only time will tell also the guy buying my seats will be here saturday so I'll be without seats for awhile hehe

coleman

Established Member
1. yes, i need a tech inspection & a medical too... geez!
2. i hope so -- i've already paid for next weekend!
3. ha ha ... i ran a few 13.2s :p

actually, i'm trying to go to ennis tomorrow after work.
we'll see if i can *break* into the 13s then... maybe i should start in 2nd, 3rd, or 5th...

i hope i don't break anything ...

a few of my fellow workers are heading down there with a Z06, mach1, lightning, & my traction-challenged cobra...

lifter213

Established Member
I'd like to go to Ennis tomorrow night but i have this wisdom tooth that's killing me. My jaw and everything is infected :bash: Besides i'd like to switch back to my stock wheels/tires if i was going to the track and i dont have a jack here at my aprartment were my tires and everything is. My money is on Coleman though..i think he's going to get it together and start whipping ass. :burnout:

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
keith i'll have a jack and everything to change tires if you want to come and I can hook you up with a dentist tomorrow also if you need one

lifter213

Established Member
yeah thanks for the offer...i might show up anyway. It just depends on how i feel i guess.

I've been to the dentist and i'm on anitbiotics (sp) to get the infection gone so i can then see the oral surgen to get the wisdom tooth pulled. Right now i can barely open my mouth. But if the medicine starts kicking in and i'm feeling better i'll be out there.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Bet you try to get into his laughing gas stockpile and stuff it in your car.

Originally posted by redaddiction
No problem man my old man is a dentist and he's pretty good i still have all two of my teeth

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
1. yes, i need a tech inspection & a medical too... geez!
2. i hope so -- i've already paid for next weekend!
3. ha ha ... i ran a few 13.2s :p

actually, i'm trying to go to ennis tomorrow after work.
we'll see if i can *break* into the 13s then... maybe i should start in 2nd, 3rd, or 5th...

i hope i don't break anything ...

a few of my fellow workers are heading down there with a Z06, mach1, lightning, & my traction-challenged cobra...

When are you all heading down to Ennis Coleman, I figure on just spectating this time, need to stay in one piece for the TWS track event next weekend.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
So is anything going on this weekend?

1. Do we need tech inspections before TWS. ;-)
2. Will some of us even have a Cobra after this week?
3. Can Coleman break into the 13s with the KB at Ennis?

1. We should all pass if there are no leaking fluids and the helments are in order.

2. My IRS has a popping sound that resembles firecrackers going off in the trunk. Found it, weld in the spare wheel well was cracked and causing the jack/tire to bump up and down.

3. I was thinking a 3.04 60' but he comes through with a 12.1@121. :lol1:
Looking at the weather and good track prep I think he does 11s. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
heading down today just before 6pm ... maybe 5:30pm from TI if i can get everything done before then.

Bingo13

Established Member
I am selling the car. Does anyone want to swap some stock parts/cash for upgrades? Upper/lower pulley, chip, coil-overs, brakes, t/b, x-pipe, etc.....

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I am selling the car. Does anyone want to swap some stock parts/cash for upgrades? Upper/lower pulley, chip, coil-overs, brakes, t/b, x-pipe, etc.....

So what is making you sell the car?

03CobraFreak

Established Member

YES :thumbsup:

coleman

Established Member
Bingo13, no! ... not another one ... :nono:

Running an Ennis tonight was a *blast*!!!!
Gates opened @ 6pm. I got there @ 6:45!
There were two cars in front of me... that's it two!
@ 7pm they let us go ... i bet i made about 15 runs hot-lapping until *I* decided to call it quits and just chat with fellow workers that finally showed up.

My best runs were 12.584 @ 114.53 & 12.618 @ 115. :beer:
Blew away a co-workers Z06 (13.4 @ 108)

my 60' times are getting better but i still have a lot of room for improvement: 2.121 & 2.123 on the above two runs.

but now my clutch is making a horrible noise when depressed *all* the way down to the floor. i am obviously not shifting correctly because my clutch engages half-way off the floor but i heard the noise during all my shifts down the track :bash:

lifter213

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers coleman :beer:

And i'm sorry to hear your selling your car Gary. It seamed like you were enjoying it and talking about getting the kenne bell and everything :shrug:

I know alittle bit of your mods but if you could make up a list i'm sure i could find something on it that i'd like to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread