Dalls Mustnag Pisses Me Off!

03GREYCOBRA

Established Member
Dalls Mustnag Pisses Me Off! ANYONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS?

Dallas Mustang is trying to **** me over with my spring install.

I droped off the my car to get it lowered about two weeks ago to get my H&R springs installed. Everything was fine until I went to pick it up. The car didn't look as low as it should of. Then they tell me the total for the install, $600+. They ended up putting on Eibach springs instead of the H&R's in my trunk. I told them when I droped the car off that the springs were in the trunk. So they told me to call back and schedule an appt. to get the right springs put on. I wasn't that pissed off because they told me that I could keep the Eibach springs AFTER they put on the H&R's.

Well today I droped it off and they told me that they don't have me scheduled in. Do they really think that I want to wake up at the crack of ass and drive my car 20 miles in traffic. Not only would it be a waste of time but a waste of miles. They ended up fitting me in. When I picked up my car the first time they told me that they would get me in and out the next time that I come back; a few hours is what they told me. Turns out that they will have it all day today.

To top it off, they said that they are going to keep the Eibach springs. Keep them for what, they told me I could keep them because they ****ed up. Feel sorry for the guy that is going to get a set of used springs on his COBRA thinking that they are new.

Any one know the owner/manager?

Last edited:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
That's why I do my own work. I would call them and try to work it out. I don't think you should expect to get free springs out of the deal no matter what they said, that's crazy. Just pay for labor to install and never go back to them.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Dallas Mustang = parts only. If no one else has them.

HPP is the only place that will touch my car if I cant do it myself.

Will

InArmyWPride

Venomous Productions
Established Member
When I 1st Got My Cobra, I Had Them Install My Gauges And My Exhaust And Intake And My Tri Ax. ONE Exhaust TIPS Was Alot Lower Than The Other, And They Wired The Gauges Wrong And Some How Messed Up My Headlights... Also They Cut In Ruber Insulater Around The Shift So Now It Lets Out Alot Of Heat And My Cup Holder Gets Hot. But That Was In June Of 2003.. I Have Had All That Fixed But The Shifter Which I Will When I Get Home....

Dallas Mustang Sucks Dont Use Them!!!!!!

CorY

Last edited:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Where is this HPP? What does it stand for? I'm new to Dallas, and looking for a reputable shop. I have a couple of guys at work that swear by DM....

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I won't use Dallas Mustang ever again either. I had my springs and gears done on my 2000 GT there. The spring install was done incorrectly, I had to take it back twice and watch them the second time. They removed my rubber isolator at the bottom and didn't put it back on. The car still set almost a full inch higher than Eibach said it should, but I did not want to go back a third time. It took 3 trips to get the gear lash correct when they did my rear end gears also. It sounded like a brick being drug across the concrete - AND THE SERVICE MANAGER TOLD ME THIS WAS NORMAL! He said just drive it around for awhile and it will improve. I told him BS and he had better fix it right the third time or I would seek legal recourse.

I will never do business with them again, and don't mind steering people away from them whenever I get the chance. I do most of my work myself now.

Dan

03GREYCOBRA

Established Member
306Stang said:
sounds like there's a bunch of retards at DM

They are. Robert is the biggest one. Can't remember what he tells people and can't read the service sheet to see that there were springs in the trunk.

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
306Stang said:
sounds like there's a bunch of retards at DM

They are & they suck. Bunch of smiley inbreds at that place. "Yez Sir, my name iz Bob cann I help youuu?"

It took some 6 months to finally get my SVTOA discount on a Bassanni X-pipe I purchased and that was only after SVTOA got involved and made a call to them...

281R

MUSTANGTRENDS.COM
Established Member
03GREYCOBRA said:
Dallas Mustang is trying to **** me over with my spring install.

I droped off the my car to get it lowered about two weeks ago to get my H&R springs installed. Everything was fine until I went to pick it up. The car didn't look as low as it should of. Then they tell me the total for the install, $600+. They ended up putting on Eibach springs instead of the H&R's in my trunk. I told them when I droped the car off that the springs were in the trunk. So they told me to call back and schedule an appt. to get the right springs put on. I wasn't that pissed off because they told me that I could keep the Eibach springs AFTER they put on the H&R's.

Well today I droped it off and they told me that they don't have me scheduled in. Do they really think that I want to wake up at the crack of ass and drive my car 20 miles in traffic. Not only would it be a waste of time but a waste of miles. They ended up fitting me in. When I picked up my car the first time they told me that they would get me in and out the next time that I come back; a few hours is what they told me. Turns out that they will have it all day today.

To top it off, they said that they are going to keep the Eibach springs. Keep them for what, they told me I could keep them because they ****ed up. Feel sorry for the guy that is going to get a set of used springs on his COBRA thinking that they are new.

Any one know the owner/manager?
Join the Club. I got ripped off about $1600 there. Right after I got my blower installed, took it to DMP for a tune and dyno. They had it all screwed up. The dyno chart looked like a heart beat. They only pulled 340hp out of a 99 cobra with a vortech S trim on it :shrug:
Then, they told me "my plugs were bad, then my coil packs, then new fuel pump, then somethings wrong inside the motor and im not sure what it is". And then one of the guys has the nerve to tell me that is the best my car can do with a vortech s trim on it :rolleyes:
So I then took it to ford, and ford couldnt find anything wrong with it. So then I took it to Murillo Motorsports, he had it on the dyno 1 time and figured out the Mass Air wasnt calibrated right in the chip and pulled 424rwhp out of it and the dynosheet was perfect except for the top end fuel was running out b/c the new fuel pump DMP intstalled wasnt strong enough!!! So DMP raped me for close to 1600 bux, and then I had to fork out another $500 to Mike Murillo to fix it. Talk about an expensive blower job.
And did I ever get any of my money back from DMP? NO!
I give DMP 2 thumbs down :kaboom:

Last edited:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I had used them to buy a few parts for the old stang - I'm sure glad I never really let them do any work on it. I was never really impressed with their prices either, but on occassion going to pick it up a part was cheaper than having someone send it to my doorstep.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
This is not good. I'm going back Thursday for a second 'header gasket leak' with the hopes this will fix it for good. I'm not so much pissed, as I am disappointed. It's not easy to drop off a daily driver and catch a cab 40 miles to work & back to pick it up (if they're done the same day). I'm hoping for the best this time. Heard nothing but good about HPP's performance work though and they're actually more convenient since they're just down the street from my office in Lewisville now.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Bring it over to Gotham Racing. They do mostly rotaries and imports, but will work on anything. They also have the proper spring compressors and presses for doing suspension work. I do subcontract work for them so I'm up there all the time.

TXTERMIN8TOR

Established Member
I had a "decent" experience with DM but not great by any stretch of the imagination. Just ordered my Whipple, long tubes, etc. and I'm doing that through HPP b/c of their rep on this board. So far so good...Manny seems to know his business. I'll update you guys, hopefully by next week sometime, on my experience with HPP vs. DM but I'm expecting it to be an overall better experience.

281R

MUSTANGTRENDS.COM
Established Member
As much bad feedback I've heard now about DM garage work, Im surprised there still in business. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread