Damaged BAB on ebay

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I remember the first time Ron (sLOWDOHC) was involved in an accident with his car it looked similar to what the damage on this BAB is. And if I recall correctly, it was something like $12,000 before all was said and done and his was repaired correctly.

This guy is full of crap if he believes that $2800 estimate...

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
haha, $2800?? Hell, I dinged up a rear quarter panel and a few small scratches that ran into the door that ran damn near $3000 dollars alone. I'm surprised that car isn't totalled out. That quarter panel is the only part on a mustang that won't ever squeek or rattle...it's spot welded in 16 places. The r&r labor alone on that quarter panel is 550.00 dollars

Last edited:

mackj66

Established Member
Holy crap is this guy smokin somethin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is gonna cost a fortune to fix....that thing is totalled!!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I think his estimate is off by a few decimal places.

Besides the driveline, and maybe some glass & interior parts, that car is toast.

I stay away from this kind of stuff after I tried to snag some interior parts from a wrecked car, and when I went down to loosen the bolts I saw dried blood & puke from one of the accident victims. I didn't need seats that badly.

Careful when you're looking at wrecked "parts cars", you just might find some body parts.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
It is totalled, did you not see the salvaged title.

Odds are he bought it back, but his estimate is pretty low.

But I could do it for under $5000 I'll bet.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
I think his estimate is off by a few decimal places.

Besides the driveline, and maybe some glass & interior parts, that car is toast.

I stay away from this kind of stuff after I tried to snag some interior parts from a wrecked car, and when I went down to loosen the bolts I saw dried blood & puke from one of the accident victims. I didn't need seats that badly.

Careful when you're looking at wrecked "parts cars", you just might find some body parts.

My sister is a claims agent for Progressive. One of her coworkers went to a tow yard to do a writeup on a car that was involved in a fatality. He found a leg.

jcf661

Adrenaline Rush
Established Member
It sucks to see another BAB totaled. That car is done, core support looks totally destroyed. Engine looks like it survived though. I agree $2800 is way low for fixing it he should of just parted it out probably could get a lot more money for it that way. Its no good as a whole car anymore.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
jcf661 said:
Its no good as a whole car anymore.

you got that right :beer:

that poor poor car. how many have we seen totalled this year? quite a few.
I guess it's just making our cars a tad more valuable each time.
but did it have to be ANOTHER B. atlantic blue? i love that color. someday i'd like to grab one. :rockon:

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
sucks for the cobra. :( that dude is on some serious drugs because that does not even come close to a $2800 repair all job. Airbag gone, whole front end, fenders f/r, hmm.. i wouldnt even trust the motor.

I had an accident 2 yrs ago, some guy had "clipped" my drivers side front fender. slight damage to the door hinge area, and slight bumper scratch. bill came out to almost $4000. that is a joke if he wants over 5k for it, also quite a bit of mileage on it.

19Cobra95

Banned
badass98svt said:
you got that right :beer:

that poor poor car. how many have we seen totalled this year? quite a few.
I guess it's just making our cars a tad more valuable each time.
but did it have to be ANOTHER B. atlantic blue? i love that color. someday i'd like to grab one. :rockon:

I love bright atlantic blue too

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
My sister is a claims agent for Progressive. One of her coworkers went to a tow yard to do a writeup on a car that was involved in a fatality. He found a leg.

:xpl:

That would constitute some overtime pay or a day off! :(

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
what the hell is he smoking???? I had the rear 1/4 panel effed up on my car and to fix that along with the rear end cost the insurance 6k

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
I'd guess 800.00 for the blown airbag and then only 2000 to fix the rest??

I wonder how much that shop would charge for a full repaint, with Mystic paint??? 500.00????

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
LILBLKSNAKE said:
I'd guess 800.00 for the blown airbag and then only 2000 to fix the rest??

I wonder how much that shop would charge for a full repaint, with Mystic paint??? 500.00????

sure if you let lowes mix your paint... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread